Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Day Time Running Light Housing Melting?

Old 08-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Day Time Running Light Housing Melting?

Ok. I installed some aftermarket BHLM housings a little over a month ago. The passenger side housing ended up fogging up, and when I was going to put in the replacement I wasn't able to get the amber bulb out. I pulled til the bulb disconnected from its housing and noticed the plastic had melted on the inside, deforming the hole. The replacement has now fogged up and I have another on the way, and again that bulb will not come out.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'm open to any suggestions. I plan on adding another line of silicone to the new housing and doing the same to the driver's side one. Any help would be awesome.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There are a few threads on this. Search "melting" for the thread title. Mine are fine and I drive during the day more often then at night so they are on a lot.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
There are a few threads on this. Search "melting" for the thread title. Mine are fine and I drive during the day more often then at night so they are on a lot.
Thanks a lot, I will search more. This had me baffled. Do your's have a reflective surface on the bowl of that housing or is it all black?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Reflective bowl.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Reflective bowl.
Ok, thanks. The bowls on the BHLM housings I bought are all black in that area, no reflective surface. Any chance that would be heating it up enough to maybe help cause the hole the bulb goes through to melt?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #6

Any help or thoughts would be great...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Banned
No because guys with stock lights are having problems.