Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Bed Light Mod

Old 10-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
irishpride42 will become famous soon enoughirishpride42 will become famous soon enough
irishpride42's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Light Mod

Have any of you done a bed light mod. I searched but came up with nothing but swear I have seen it somewhere.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Bed light mod, Do you mean lights in the bed
Old 10-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the mix of a custom light bar I have a thread that's about bed lights and it really depends on whewre you are going to position the lights.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ed-lights.html
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
irishpride42 will become famous soon enoughirishpride42 will become famous soon enough
Yea bed lights so if I shoot a deer I can show people without having to have a door open or using flashlights!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Something like this?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
More discreet then that like maybe when I open the tailgate it will light up the bed!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #7

Right right,Check out these light very bright and small.
http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-light
Old 10-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
I have also seen guys install LED rails under the current bed rails. They look great, provide lots of light, last forever, and draw very little current. I am going to go this route when I have the time and coin. You can even get waterproof LED strips and wire them to a factory waterproof Toyota switch so when you drop the tailgate the lights come on. The strips are very thin and you will barely notice them once installed. Check this out:

http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-strip

or

http://www.superbrightleds.com/light_bars-flexible.html
Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Right right,Check out these light very bright and small.
http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-light
I think 2 or 3 of these in the back would do or maybe the strips but where can I find the factory waterproof Toyota switch?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpride42 View Post
I think 2 or 3 of these in the back would do or maybe the strips but where can I find the factory waterproof Toyota switch?
I bought 4 of them for rock lights, I have a switch mounted inside the truck, Do you want to mount it on the outside of the truck?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpride42 View Post
Yea bed lights so if I shoot a deer I can show people without having to have a door open or using flashlights!
Been thinking the same thing, alot of helpfull info.
I have decided to go with an "L" bracket, and tie it into my rail cleats on the passenger side. As for the lights themselves, I will only be using one, but I am going to black out the top and bottom section and stay with the center beam. This way it won't blind you, but still light up the bed, and the ground below.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #12
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the underbody neon setup. I'm impressed so far (almost a year now). Still able to use the bed rail as well. The cheap/free mod thread covers this. Check there.

Not a great picture, but you can see where it is.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Been thinking the same thing, alot of helpfull info.
I have decided to go with an "L" bracket, and tie it into my rail cleats on the passenger side. As for the lights themselves, I will only be using one, but I am going to black out the top and bottom section and stay with the center beam. This way it won't blind you, but still light up the bed, and the ground below.
And it will really help on mornings we have to get stuff outta the bed duck hunting and such...
Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Here is the photos I install the bed night, I use two pcs LED install under the track.
Run a pair of wire from the battery + - with a fuse holder, install the push pin swich, by take out the rubber on the tail gate.
it took me about 2.5 hours to finish the mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Bed Light Mod-dsc02212.jpg   Bed Light Mod-dsc02215.jpg   Bed Light Mod-dsc02209.jpg   Bed Light Mod-dsc02213.jpg  
Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #18
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
I love your set up. I think I am going to do something similar but using LED strips instead of LED bars just because the LED strips would be a little more "hidden."

Thanks! Strips would work too, but I went with the cheapest LED's I could find! lol Most of the strips I found cost more individually than my entire kit (4 tubes, 2 remotes, wires, etc).