Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

daytime running lights

Old 08-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
reywasneb is on a distinguished road
Name: ben
reywasneb's Tacoma Gallery
daytime running lights

i recently picked up a 2011 and it has the daytime running lights in the front. i dont mind them but i do mind the bright orange color of them. what kind of bulb do i need to make it more of a white light? needs to blink too
Old 08-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There should be a lighting FAQ in the lighting section.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reywasneb View Post
i recently picked up a 2011 and it has the daytime running lights in the front. i dont mind them but i do mind the bright orange color of them. what kind of bulb do i need to make it more of a white light? needs to blink too
Well....to change the color of the bulb....buy a different color bulb. But I'm pretty sure the laws in all states say turn signals need to be amber. Pretty sure it's a 3156 bulb....just check the owners' manual
Old 08-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
Well....to change the color of the bulb....buy a different color bulb. But I'm pretty sure the laws in all states say turn signals need to be amber. Pretty sure it's a 3156 bulb....just check the owners' manual

The amber lights vary from state to state. The state of Oregon allows you to have white turn lights as long as they are visible from a certian distance.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Well then I guess it's on the OP to find out what the laws are in MA regarding this.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
The stuff some people bitch about...

No offense.