Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OEM Headlight Housings For Retrofit

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
TKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TKY's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Headlight Housings For Retrofit

I'm gearing up to do a projector retrofit on my truck. My preference would be to have an additional set of housings/reflectors to use while leaving the originals in place.

It seems from reading that the eBay housings can be lacking in quality. Is there another/better option for getting these parts? I haven't checked the dealer yet, but I'm assuming that pricing from them will be ridiculous. Are there any other sources I'm missing?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
TKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TKY's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info.

I suppose I'll be going with eBay...just need to decide if I want the black ones.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend getting the black ones, kinda of a short cut since all you have to do is open them up and deal with the back side of the headlight housing. I've done about 10-12 sets and there are some little tricks and tips that I have learned along the way. I can guide through your retro fit and can give a parts list and can also help you save money.

The eBay lights are fine, you can get them for about $125 shipped. I can also tell you of an eBay vendor in Cali that I buy the lights from, never had any problems.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
I used the OEM replacement ones for my FX retro, I got a pair on Amazon for $92. They are perfectly acceptable quality in my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tacoma-...106227&sr=1-50
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
TKY's Tacoma Gallery
I assume there are probably only one or two Chinese manufacturers cranking out these light housings...so maybe no great differences in products.

Anyway, I was thinking about one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tacoma-...4921017&sr=8-1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-10...item43a94f5e6e

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...item45fbb119d5

Any thoughts or seller recommendations?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to check out my retrofit group buy thread to get in on a deal on projectors
Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure quality is just as good as OEM.... and since your gonna do a retrofit on them, you can just ensure that sealing them is to your liking.. that way you dont have to worry about leaks/fogging issues...

aside from that, good luck. and if you get the headlight+fog combo and do not want your clear reflectors, hit me up
Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
babyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
babyboi2284's Tacoma Gallery
www.rockauto.com and search for your vehicle info. The headlights are about $47 each I think.

Products Discussed in this Thread