Stupid Lighting Question

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
gatrapper is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
gatrapper's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid Lighting Question

Hey Y'all,

Got a very stupid question for ya'll.

Here is a picture of my truck right now.

Are the orange lighted area off the headlights blinkers? I think they are, but I have NEVER seen them work.

My blinkers have always been the ones at the bottom.

My questions are:

1) if the orange colored area off my head light is a blinker, can I make that a blinker and get rid of the blinkers on the bottom?

2) if so, could I replace the orange blinkers on the bottom and replace them with yellow fog lights somehow?

Thanks Yall
Old 08-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
The top side light should only be a parking light so it will not blink. I know other makes and vehicles use them but our trucks dont. My 2nd gen Tacoma was the same way where the outside corner amber did not blink but I did a mod and now the corner and inner ones blink.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
The top side light should only be a parking light so it will not blink. I know other makes and vehicles use them but our trucks dont. My 2nd gen Tacoma was the same way where the outside corner amber did not blink but I did a mod and now the corner and inner ones blink.
What did you do, just run a jumper wire?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #4

Could I buy any aftermarket headlights that have the blinker in them?

Is is possible to make the lower blinkers into fog lights?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What did you do, just run a jumper wire?
Right here brotha.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post64696

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrapper
;3623250

I'm not sure if they make fog inserts for your truck or not?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrapper View Post

Just rewire the side lights so they blink. Basically flip flop the 'hot' wires from the two lights so they reverse in function. Run the hot wire from your current blinkers to the side lights and they'll be your new blinkers. You could then use the hot wire from the side marker lights and run it to the lights down below so they'll work as your new marker, or 'fog' lights. They probably won't be overly bright though.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #7

Thanks Y'all.

WW, what headlights do you have on your truck? They are f'n epic.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrapper View Post
Thanks Y'all.

WW, what headlights do you have on your truck? They are f'n epic.
They are custom made projector retros. I'm not the only one that has them though, there are a good handful of people on here that sport them.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #9

F*** Im Jealous.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Rather than doing the turn signal mod, I just painted my corners gloss black and tinted my turn signals black using NiteShades (Not done in this picture)