1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My FX Retro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Yota Toy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Aug 23, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy [OP] Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    I just finished up my FX retro this weekend and I love the output of these lights! I wound up using the Orbit shrouds and leaving everything chrome, I like the look a lot. I purchased some of the OEM lights from Amazon for $92 a pair and they worked out great. No night shots yet but everyone already knows what the FX output looks like. I used TRS ballasts and bulbs. I also found a nice weather resistant fuse block. I installed an individual circuit for each ballast. Each ballast has its own fuse, relay, ground, etc (I have four, headlights and fogs). It is very unlikely I will loose all of my lights at once. You might notice my retro fogs too, the Blazers and the FX's both have excellent cut-offs and they just work great together!

CIMG0115.jpg

CIMG0109.jpg

CIMG0113.jpg

CIMG0117.jpg

CIMG0096.jpg

2. Aug 23, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy [OP] Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    I am currently using the 6000K TRS bulbs, but I am going to get the Phillips soon.

3. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    Subd for night shots

4. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy [OP] Taco Sauce

Member:
    I finally got some night shots.

Here is the Blazer fogs only. They do have the "Blazer smile" a bit, which is fixable but I am leaving it because I like it.
    [​IMG]

Here is the FX retros:
    [​IMG]

Here is the FX and the Blazers:
    [​IMG]

Here is the FX high beam:
    [​IMG]

Here is the FX, Blazers, and my KC drving lights:
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top