Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

People with HIDs

Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
skierpunk is on a distinguished road
skierpunk's Tacoma Gallery
People with HIDs

I installed 6000K HID conversion kit in my taco and I'm endless having people flash their brights at me, to the point where it's becoming frustrating to travel at night. It's true, the lights are bright enough to burn the paint off the car in front of me, but it's annoying to have people bright me because I can't bright them back, the HIDs are low beams only, and they are brighter than my high beams.

Are other people having this problem as well, and if so what are you doing about it? Or did I install my HIDs wrong?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
You probably need to adjust your headlights
Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Adjust the headlights? How or what does that entail.

Also I'm lifted so that probably isn't helping my cause. I feel bad for people driving infront of me.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
It seems to be a a popular mod in the automotive world, but I can't stand those damned things. I wanted to beat the hell out of somone driving a VW Golf behind me. I was blinded by their lights and could tell it wasn't the high beams. If you can adjust them, please do for the sake of others on the road.

I know this post was in no way helpful to you and for that I'm sorry.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
An adjustment might help...Might not.

An HID conversion kit is a different kind of light. The reflectors in normal headlights are made for less potent lights. Throw HIDs into those relfectors and they are very much stronger and not aimed correctly. Get projector type headlights and it'll remedy for sure...Try and adjust the lights and you might not be blinding folks.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go
Old 10-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
No prob i have it saved.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #11
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Yea you just need to adjust your headlights aim them a little lower. Especially since your lifted your headlights are already much higher than stock. Let us know how that works. I have yet to be flashed and I drive almost every night with oncoming traffic. I aligned them the 2nd day I installed them... Best idea yet lol.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
Thanks for the feedback guys. I took my truck to the dealer this weekend and got my lights adjusted, took them about 15 mins and it was free of charge! I can see much better and the cutoff is where it should be now, however people are still giving me the finger and flashing me. My blulbs don't have the sheilds, does anyone know if that would help or make much of a difference?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #13
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
the shields are for the hi/low beam. im guessin yours is just the low beam?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
the shields are for the hi/low beam. im guessin yours is just the low beam?
I have bixeon blubs but only have HIDs in the lows.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Can you fill me in on what the shield is?

The metal part is the sheild...I'm not sure of their exact purpose though.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:10 AM   #18
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly if you are BLINDING people I would remove the lights and get something safer. Is the improvement to your night vision worth putting others' lives at risk? Sorry to throw this in but sometimes you, as a responsible truck owner, have to call a shot like that.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #19
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad that the readjustment has helped, but I'm with Ridge on this. The plug-n-play HIDs are a good concept, but they don't belong in standard headlights.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #20
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think it has to do with the bulbs you have and your headlight alignment. If you didn't get the bixenon vs. just the low beams you are going to be missing the shields that the bixenon come with. The bixenon come with the shields to prevent the light from blinding oncoming traffic by creating a cutoff.

Additionally I might add that I now run the 50w in my headlights and 35w in my fogs. I have honestly NEVER been flashed and mind you that I am lifted on bigger tires. Try to really aim those headlights low since you don't have the shields. If that doesn't help you might want to switch to the bixenon's. Hope this helps.

Also, I haven't heard any problems with being flashed with my kits so far. It may have to do with quality of the bulbs and design I don't know. Just my .02...