Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Interior lights

Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Interior lights

Curious if anyone has always-on interior lights. In my Bimmer I had a real dim orange light that shined towards the console cubby and cup holders, it was kinda nice.... anyone have anything like that here?

Cheers
Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Linelock4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jared
Linelock4's Tacoma Gallery
I think you mean key on lights for the interior. The easiest way to do this is to you leds with resistors to cut the brightness. You could even use a relay to cut the brightness more when you turn your parking lights on. You can get all the parts from Digi-Key. I just quickly did a drawing of how it should be done but I can seem to attach the drawing to this post. If you want give me your email and I can send it to you and answer any more questions you might have. I did professional car audio for 15 years and I had to do this very thing for many of my customers.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
Check the group buy section for flyeyez designs

Search for interior led, interior lighting, led cup holds, fighter pilot mod, cock pit mod

I used 12" cold cathode computer tube lights in my foot wells and wired them to the rest of the "parking" lights
Old 03-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #5
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
nice lighting !!

I had the same idea to do it just like that
with the lights under the dash. But Im going
to do mine in red.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
OP - if you're first generation and you have the overhead console with the two light swithches, you should be able to tap into your headlight switch, drill a very small hole in the console, and mount a LED to shine down on your console.

I'll be doing this myself, but not until this spring/summer. Light switch tap in as you don't want it on all the time. One LED should be neglible power draw. I'm using a red LED myself.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
grizquad is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
grizquad's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lights HoneyBadger. I just installed the wired Flyzeye Design lights in my 2012, and they are great! I did the Blue/white with red halo. If you order from them, in the comments section, put your TW screen name and you get a $10. refund check with the order. Good people and nice lights.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
beach bum
Nicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to beholdNicko is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicolas
Nicko's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info,
when i finish with it ill definitly post
up the results,