1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 02prerunner, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    02prerunner

02prerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Ludowici, Ga
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 Prerunner V6
    Flowmaster mufflers--Single in-dual out,31% tint, westin bull bar
    Okay so the headlights on my 02 seem dim to me, even on bright, and my vision is good. but the thing is my mama looked at em tonight and said their normal...could it just be oxidization, or do the bulbs possibly need changing. they only seem dim driving in total dark.

2. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    What's considered "bright" varies from person to person. Try grabbing some Sylvannia Silverstars...or even upgrading to HIDs if it bugs you too much

3. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    02prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Ludowici, Ga
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 Prerunner V6
    Well, i drove my sister's 05 gmc sierra the other night, and i could see much better with her headlights, so thats why i was wondering if i needed replacement bulbs.

4. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Well do your lenses look cloudy? If so give em a buff...if not then new bulbs might be what you need.

5. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    02prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Ludowici, Ga
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5 Prerunner V6
    Yeah a pretty good bit. especially on the corner's of the lenses...i definitely think it's time to clean em...but the thing is, what do i clean em with?
    i was told i could actually use toothpaste, which i did, on the nissan i had.. it seemed to help a lil.

6. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    They make headlight polishing kits...not sure of the brand..I have not had to use one but im sure somebody will chime in.

Id also suggest you PM a moderator and ask to have the title of this thread changed to something that talks about oxidized headlights so that people who can help wont skim over the thread due to the lack of info in the title.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

7. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    PreRunner03

PreRunner03 Hail State

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner Double Cab TRD
    This. Good luck. I think I need to do something similar soon. I read somewhere that toothpaste works but I am not sure on how to do it.

8. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    Bens MBL TACO

Bens MBL TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Rumbler
    AFE Air Intake, Billy 5100's up front set at .85 with top plate and lean spacer, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5160's rear shocks, Toytec AAL, TRD Exhaust, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, JBA Headers, 5k 35 Watt HID, 3K 35 Watt HID fogs, Anytime fog mod Fierce 265, 70, r17.
    A lot of places are starting to sell DIY headlight restoration kits. With those I say be careful and take your time, it can be a very thorough process.

Have you ever changed out your headlights since you have had it? I just wonder since you said its an '02. Like the other posts say invest in Sylvanias, hell HID's are getting pretty cheap. I went the DDM tuning route, nice and simple plug and play.

9. Sep 1, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Pic of your headlight assembly?

Products Discussed in

To Top