Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Is it just me?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
02prerunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
02prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Is it just me?

Okay so the headlights on my 02 seem dim to me, even on bright, and my vision is good. but the thing is my mama looked at em tonight and said their normal...could it just be oxidization, or do the bulbs possibly need changing. they only seem dim driving in total dark.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
What's considered "bright" varies from person to person. Try grabbing some Sylvannia Silverstars...or even upgrading to HIDs if it bugs you too much
Old 09-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Well, i drove my sister's 05 gmc sierra the other night, and i could see much better with her headlights, so thats why i was wondering if i needed replacement bulbs.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Well do your lenses look cloudy? If so give em a buff...if not then new bulbs might be what you need.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Yeah a pretty good bit. especially on the corner's of the lenses...i definitely think it's time to clean em...but the thing is, what do i clean em with?
i was told i could actually use toothpaste, which i did, on the nissan i had.. it seemed to help a lil.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
They make headlight polishing kits...not sure of the brand..I have not had to use one but im sure somebody will chime in.

Id also suggest you PM a moderator and ask to have the title of this thread changed to something that talks about oxidized headlights so that people who can help wont skim over the thread due to the lack of info in the title.

Good Luck
Old 09-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
They make headlight polishing kits...not sure of the brand..I have not had to use one but im sure somebody will chime in.

Id also suggest you PM a moderator and ask to have the title of this thread changed to something that talks about oxidized headlights so that people who can help wont skim over the thread due to the lack of info in the title.

Good Luck
This. Good luck. I think I need to do something similar soon. I read somewhere that toothpaste works but I am not sure on how to do it.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #8
Bens MBL TACO will become famous soon enoughBens MBL TACO will become famous soon enough

Bens MBL TACO's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of places are starting to sell DIY headlight restoration kits. With those I say be careful and take your time, it can be a very thorough process.

Have you ever changed out your headlights since you have had it? I just wonder since you said its an '02. Like the other posts say invest in Sylvanias, hell HID's are getting pretty cheap. I went the DDM tuning route, nice and simple plug and play.