Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

parking lights as turn signals too

Old 09-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
parking lights as turn signals too

So I searched and found these two things.

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...sJungleman.jpg

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post64696

Here's what I want.
I don't have dtrl's and don't want them. I want the parking lights to function like they normally do, but want them to blink as turn signals when the regular turn signals on the front are turned on.

is the only thing I need to do is Just cut the black/white wire on the side marker and splice it into the Red/black on left. For the right cut the black/white and splice to red/yellow?

I am literally a retard when it comes to electrical stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
85yote09taco has a spectacular aura about85yote09taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
85yote09taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking to do this as well as I had nothing to do for a few hours yesterday. But I also wanted a better understanding before I get under there and start splicing.

While you wait, you could do the fog light anytime mod, that is pretty simple.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Mine:

Flashers:

http://youtu.be/IbVmrzdVxrs

Turn signal:
http://youtu.be/ousjed3bS74

The corner (parking lights) only blink if my parking light switch is on or if my head lights are on.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Mine:

Flashers:

http://youtu.be/IbVmrzdVxrs

Turn signal:
http://youtu.be/ousjed3bS74

The corner (parking lights) only blink if my parking light switch is on or if my head lights are on.

How did you do yours? I want my side marker lights to blink with the turn signals even with the parking lights off.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless View Post
How did you do yours? I want my side marker lights to blink with the turn signals even with the parking lights off.
Dude I did it so long ago that I don't even remember sorry....

I think I ran the relay wire from the blinker to the power one on the side marker...idk
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
where is the write up on how to do this, i am very interested in doing it on my tacoma but i want to make sure i have the correct write up as i am not the most skilled electrical person but i know enough to get me by

thanks Taylor
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Cybertronian Tacoma

first post is really all you need. Those links are what I used.