Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need help to disable Daytime Running Lights

Old 09-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Need help to disable Daytime Running Lights

I'm in the process of adding a switch to disable my daytime running lights when I don't need them. I went and bought a illuminated rocker switch at radio shack, but it has three poles: Earth, Load and Supply. Once I cut off the main green/red power wire for the DRL circuit, which ones goes to which???
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Eltacos is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
I followed a write up on these boards on how to do it. I just pulled the pin from the modular plug and insulated it with shrink tubing as I don't care if I can turn them on and off. If I remember right it is the red and green wire coming from the DRL unit mounted on the right side of the fuse panel inside of the truck and it is the white modular plug not the grey or black.

Your vehicle may differ from my 2011 Taco
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
I'm in the process of adding a switch to disable my daytime running lights when I don't need them. I went and bought a illuminated rocker switch at radio shack, but it has three poles: Earth, Load and Supply. Once I cut off the main green/red power wire for the DRL circuit, which ones goes to which???
You got way to fancy a switch.

I'm using a simple remote start disable switch.

Earth is ground
Load is what you want to make work
Supply is voltage.

You don't want any voltage around that green/ red wire.

So if you really wanted to use that switch you could technically use load and supply. The earth more than likely is the ground to illuminate the switch.
I would just take it back and get the cheapest small 2 pin switch.
Mine is hidden by the drl box in case i ever decided i wanted them back on.