LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Anyone else notice there is no turn-signal visible from the side?

Old 09-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Eltacos is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else notice there is no turn-signal visible from the side?

Wondering if anyone else has the same concern that I do. If you're right next to someone on the road and you want to change lanes they have no way of seeing that your turn signal is on.

Anyone come up with a solution for this, or not care? I was thinking of something like a "euro-style" type of light on the front fender similar to VW and BMW have. I am worried this would look too "rice". Another solution I was thinking of is the lip at the bottom of the cab installing some amber strip lights, once again would it be too "rice"?

Anyone with thoughts please let me know. Pictures would be great also!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry about it, that's just me though. I've had mine for years and never had any issues.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltacos View Post
Wondering if anyone else has the same concern that I do. If you're right next to someone on the road and you want to change lanes they have no way of seeing that your turn signal is on.

Anyone come up with a solution for this, or not care? I was thinking of something like a "euro-style" type of light on the front fender similar to VW and BMW have. I am worried this would look too "rice". Another solution I was thinking of is the lip at the bottom of the cab installing some amber strip lights, once again would it be too "rice"?

Anyone with thoughts please let me know. Pictures would be great also!
It's been done
Old 09-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #4

Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, I like that idea. I might have to do that exact setup. Will look nice with my switchback's and white LED side markers.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
I will say that just for the fact that you want to change lanes has anything to do with the guy next to you. It is you-re responsibilities to make sure you are safe and have room to do so. Turning you-re signals doesn't oblige me to stop, slow down, or speed up to make you room. It just lets me know that you want to change lanes, and being aware of that I'll not do the same thing, move in the same space etc. I can see you-re concern to be seen by others.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
solution='10+ 4runner signal mirrors...search around, sweet mod!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
In my experience, using a turn signal just invites others to behave aggressively. In town at a four way stop, sure, I use them. Changing lanes on the highway, not very often. I make sure it's safe to move, then I just do it. Putting the blinker on just means some dirtbag will speed up to 90 to come and block me.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
solution='10+ 4runner signal mirrors...search around, sweet mod!
Agreed. It is a sweet mod, but for my low budget ass, this will have to do for now.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #9

Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
I do have to admit I am just a LED fanatic and trying to throw around ways to add more LED's to Taco. I might just order the step bars with LED's already mounted in them as my wife is bitching about how hard it is to climb into the truck.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
The sales lady told me thats why the tail lights on the cruiser and new runner stick, so they are more visable on the side.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
I've been trying to figure out a lamp housing for the mirrors, but haven't had any luck. Changing lanes probably isn't as bad, but it would be nice to have something at 4-way type stops. I'll probably just end up doing something like the park lamp blinker.

Someone else here did a neat stick-on euro style setup, but I don't know how well it will hold up over time.

If you don't mind cutting sheetmetal, you can get a few options from Hella that look OEM pretty easily.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I usually roll down my windows and start yelling and waving my free arm - "O HAI!!! YO!! HEY YOU!! CRAZY WOMAN NEEDS TO BE WHERE YOU ARE, AND NOW SO WATCH OUT WATCH OUT WATCH OWWWWWWWWWWWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
I just got some oem clear hilux/landcruiser fender lights and im debating cutting a hole in the fender to install them...
Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #15

Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
Problem solved