Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Good placement for PIAA's

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Good placement for PIAA's

Hey guys, I have four, Round PIAA off road lights with some hardware then was previously attached to a pushbar on my 98 Rover but is no longer in my possession but i did manage to save the lights, So now im wondering where i could mount them on my Tacoma? I dont have a pushbar and probably wont be able to budget one anytime soon. So for now i just want to mount up the four somehow... Even if its two for now. Heres what they look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Good placement for PIAA's-img_0251.jpg  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
OscarWholivich is on a distinguished road

OscarWholivich's Tacoma Gallery
You could probably put two behind the grill.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yah i was thinking i could do that, Not sure how much work it would be... Kinda had this weird idea to mount two in the grill and maybe two in the bottom valance... Probably wouldnt look right though...
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Nfab light bar or smitty bilt light bar. They're just over $100 shipped on amazon and would allow you to put all 4 lights in about the same location as your picture. Not nearly as expensive as a push bar, maybe within your budget?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I have two hella 500s behind my grill mounted to the two grill supports that go from the grill back to the radiator support. There are bracket that make it so u can fit all 4 behind the grill
Old 09-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #6

Can anyone recommend a good light bar Easy install and good quality? I don't mind spending 150-200 bucks. I just want to be able to have my four lights up front in the future il probably end up selling it and buying a Satoshi grill and putting two behind the grill
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Nfab light bar or smitty bilt light bar. They're just over $100 shipped on amazon and would allow you to put all 4 lights in about the same location as your picture. Not nearly as expensive as a push bar, maybe within your budget?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good light bar Easy install and good quality? I don't mind spending 150-200 bucks. I just want to be able to have my four lights up front in the future il probably end up selling it and buying a Satoshi grill and putting two behind the grill
see above...
Old 09-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #8

Well i went to amazon and found a couple different models of both, I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with an exact model and maybe help me understand how its installed? I'm guessing a couple bolts to the Valance?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Well i went to amazon and found a couple different models of both, I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with an exact model and maybe help me understand how its installed? I'm guessing a couple bolts to the Valance?
It bolts to the frame behind the valance. The attachment pieces go through the lower grille. If you search Nfab, you will find a ton of members with this light bar. They are pretty popular and I have yet to year anything negative about them.
http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-150...ar=1&carId=001
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #10

Oh okay i see, Thank you for that link, Sir. Thank you to everyone else also!

Products Discussed in this Thread