Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID temperature

Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
trdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to all
trdsport808's Tacoma Gallery
HID temperature

I am about to pull the trigger on a DDM Tuning HID kit and I just wanted to double check something. 4500k is pure white right? Like the color from luxury European vehicles? And NOT more of a yellowish hue. I am a little confused because the lights look yellow on their chart, but from what I read online, they are pure white? I do not want the yellow tinge, nor the blue. That is why I chose 4500k over 5000k...opinions? Pictures if you got would be great too.. Thanks in advance
Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
4300k is what factory cars with hids use. What gives those cars the blue, purple look is the projector cutoff shield not the bulb itself. 5k is going to be a bit whiter light then 4300k. I've got 5k in my projectors for the whiter look. I like you didn't want any yellowish color which 4300k slightly has.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
2010 DC TRD Sport - Barcelona Red
swaffordjgr is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
swaffordjgr's Tacoma Gallery
I have 10k in my headlights and foglights and they're white, may be just a hint of blue if you catch them at the right angle but bright white for the most part. Both are DDM kits and about a year old, work perfect and never had any problems out of them. Can't beat it for the price.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaffordjgr View Post
I have 10k in my headlights and foglights and they're white, may be just a hint of blue if you catch them at the right angle but bright white for the most part. Both are DDM kits and about a year old, work perfect and never had any problems out of them. Can't beat it for the price.
10k's that are pure white???? i have 5ks and they have a little blue hint to them.
OP i would go 4300k for pure white. but 5k works too
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery

4300 is "stock" on cars with HIDs, because it emulates sunlight.

But from 4300-6000k is considered white, though 4300 will be yellowish and 6000k will have a tiny hint of blue, (hardly noticeable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaffordjgr View Post
Then you didn't get 10,000k. That's an even higher kelvin than my 8000ks, and thats pushing it for blue-ness

Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
4300k is what factory cars with hids use. What gives those cars the blue, purple look is the projector cutoff shield not the bulb itself. 5k is going to be a bit whiter light then 4300k. I've got 5k in my projectors for the whiter look. I like you didn't want any yellowish color which 4300k slightly has.
if you buy a a higher kelvin bulb than that is definitely what makes the color bluish purple. the projector shield just aims the light differently not change the color
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman355 View Post
if you buy a a higher kelvin bulb than that is definitely what makes the color bluish purple. the projector shield just aims the light differently not change the color
I think he's talking about the cutoff strip from the projectors and the refraction from the lenses
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
WORD!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I think he's talking about the cutoff strip from the projectors and the refraction from the lenses
maybe, idk...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
Sanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Reed
Sanders17's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody had any problems with the ddm tuning hid kits. im about to buy a set. Sorry to interrupt.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
yes, thats what I was referring to. Which is what gives those cars the appearance of blue lights at some angles.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I have posted so many photos of my HIDs (4300, 5000, 6000, ???), it isn't funny! LOL How did you miss seeing them? I recommend 5000ºK bulbs. Anyting higher will have too much blue (at 35 watts) and lower will have yellow. HERE: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ens-today.html
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #14
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
I have 50W 4300k and they look great. Nice pure white, no yellow or blue.

I've seen 6k and there is a noticable blue tinge for sure, but still looks pretty damn white.

The 8-10k lights are blue as hell. Like a blue filtered light. If you dont want a blue headlamp, don't get that color temp.