Notices

Light bar/Bull bar?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
On a mission
theory13 is on a distinguished road
theory13's Tacoma Gallery
Light bar/Bull bar?

Has anyone installed a Smittybilt light bar?....trying to make a decision between a simple light bar or bulky bull bar....any opinions on either?....can you install a skid plate w/ the light bar?....thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Bull Bar!!!! IMO they look great and are very easy to install. Nothing to remove and lights can be installed.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
there's a bullbar with skid plate for sale in ebay for $280 check it out.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go here...........

http://www.4wheelonline.com/

...........they have awesome prices on bull bars(and alot of other things for that matter!!). i think im going to get a aries stainless bull bar from them, as this place is even cheaper than ebay!! hope this helps!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
I have installed a safari bar on my old truck with KC lights and it was very easy to do. i would definately go with the bull bar this time around, they look awesome!!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
On a mission
theory13 is on a distinguished road
theory13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Thanks for the info and the opinions...I like the bull bar...but it seems a little bulky for me...still undecided..thanks for the great input..
Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
How thick is the metal tubing on a typical Bull Bar? I have looked at several manufacture's product descriptions and they only say (so far) that it is "crafted with a 3" or 2.5" diameter heavy-duty hoop and cross bar (size depends on vehicle)".

I'm familiar with how thin the tubing in nerf bars are, so I'm going to buy rock sliders instead. I figure if I'm going to spend the money, I would rather get something that is going to offer some protection to my truck, as well as the intended functionality (step). I intend to take the truck off-road for hunting, fishing, and the occasional trail ride.

Are bull bars (say the Westin Ultimate Bull Bar: http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g....aspx?kc=ffsku) more like nerf bars, or can you get some that are more rugged, like rock sliders?

Thanks for the insight!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #8
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post
How thick is the metal tubing on a typical Bull Bar? I have looked at several manufacture's product descriptions and they only say (so far) that it is "crafted with a 3" or 2.5" diameter heavy-duty hoop and cross bar (size depends on vehicle)".

I'm familiar with how thin the tubing in nerf bars are, so I'm going to buy rock sliders instead. I figure if I'm going to spend the money, I would rather get something that is going to offer some protection to my truck, as well as the intended functionality (step). I intend to take the truck off-road for hunting, fishing, and the occasional trail ride.

Are bull bars (say the Westin Ultimate Bull Bar: http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g....aspx?kc=ffsku) more like nerf bars, or can you get some that are more rugged, like rock sliders?

Thanks for the insight!
here you go....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-road-bar.html
Old 06-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #10
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post
Hey thanks a lot!
no problemo
avid's bull bar/light bar is a pretty dang tough unit
I can stand on mine and I don't even notice it flexing

Products Discussed in this Thread