Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

my hid's look like candles

Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
my hid's look like candles

I cant stop my hid's from flickering like a candle while im driving. I took them completely apart to see if the retaining clip fell off and nothing but it also happens when im at a complete stop. It gets even worse when I turn on my high beams. Idk what to do now. Any thoughts on what it could be. btw these are those stupid ********** hid's. I dont think i can take them back because its been over 2 months that ive had them.

Have they gone bad?

Is there something I can do to stop this?

P.S. no luck with getting any contact with the dude from gg
Old 09-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like another happy GG lighting customer.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
o yea if only i knew
Old 09-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Hey. You need a relay kit. Get one and its fixed. That easy
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #5

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
really?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I think I documented well the flickering/ jiggling light beam from GG Lighting's bulbs... Cody instantly sent me new bulbs to replace the 4300s... but he sent me 6000 (or higher) by mistake and they were too blue. They didn't flicker. Then I waited a month before Chris took over for Cody... the next too sets of bulbs (5000s) both flicker/ jiggle... the first 5000s were yellow-white... the next were perfect white.

Chris said he tested them all and they didn't flicker for him...? Mine do after warming up about 30-50 seconds... and by flicker, I don't bean blink on and off... I mean when looking at the light beam against a surface, like my garage wall it looks like a candle moving in a breeze.

From what I gather, this is just cheap quality bulbs... some do and some don't. We tried new ballasts, but they didn't change the flickering at all... so it is just the bulbs. Like I said, the very blue 6000s didn't flicker at all.

As for the wire harness I use... it is a Hella made for 200 watts+ and is fused.