1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front turn signal stealth bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by FY01CPO, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Sep 24, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    Does anyone have a good source of the silver amber bulbs for the front signals? I looked for them in 4157 but got nothing. I read on a Tundra forum that they are interchangeable with 3157s but then I read on another forum that someone got a response from Sylvania that they aren't interchangeable. :confused:

Multiple searches didn't produce a source. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Sep 25, 2011 at 12:35 AM
    h2mann

h2mann Active Member

Member:
    Ko'olaupoko, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport PreRunner DC
    Pushbutton start
    I spoke to the guys at Stealth bulbs and they said their bulbs cannot be used in the DRLs on the Tacomas, at least on the 2011s. I just picked up a pair of the Sylvania ones off of ebay. The pics look silver, but when I got them they were amber with a silverish coating. Theyre not as amber as stock, and just as bright. Still looking for sliver bulbs that are amber when lit.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Sep 25, 2011 at 1:46 AM
    tALOHAma

tALOHAma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oakland, Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4
    Anytime fog mod, debadged, drop in k&n, smoked taillights, led inside and out,
  4. Sep 25, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    FY01CPO

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    I thought about getting LEDs too but I think I read somewhere that they flicker. I don't have DRLs so I would only need them for turn signals. I may try what h2mann has and wait till something comes out or someone provides a source if there is one.

5. Sep 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    tALOHAma

tALOHAma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oakland, Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4
    Anytime fog mod, debadged, drop in k&n, smoked taillights, led inside and out,
  6. Sep 26, 2011 at 12:22 AM
    h2mann

h2mann Active Member

Member:
    Ko'olaupoko, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport PreRunner DC
    Pushbutton start
    The Stealth bulbs should work fine for you if you dont have the DRLs. Theyre just not made to be on for so long.
    You could use LEDs, just need to put resistors so you dont hyperflash when signaling. I found a company on ebay that makes plug and play harnesses that already have a resistor built in so you dont have to do any splicing to your stock wiring. You can just use the clear LEDs that flash amber.

7. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:58 AM
    FY01CPO

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    I will have to do a search for the LEDs. Otherwise, I will do the stealth bulbs. Thanks for the help!

8. May 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    heffrey24

heffrey24 05 Tacoma Sport 4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Fairfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Sport 4x4 (Speedway Blue)
    3" ToyTech Lift w/ 5100 Bilsteins, TRD Seat Covers, JDM Blacked out headlights with 6K HIDs and fogs, K&N Intake
    Hey man, saw your post and I am looking for the same bulbs too for the front turn signals... i found some stealth crome ones for the rear on ebay but nothing for up front. Let me know if you come across any and I'll do the same.

Thanks, Jeff

9. May 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    BG KY Jets Fan

BG KY Jets Fan Dagger Taco *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Bowling Green Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 2WD DC
    Roof Rack, TRD skid plate, TRD cat back exhaust, Pioneer AVIC-930BT, subwoofers, Avid bar, Westin side steps, FLYZEYE strip, and Blacked out Badges. More to come....
    Hit up the LED guy on TW!

10. May 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    happyb

happyb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    on a beach in hawaii
    Vehicle:
    to my taste
    making a list

Products Discussed in