Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

fog light sleeving mod

Old 09-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
fog light sleeving mod

Anybody know where to find a good diy on how to sleeve the stock fogs I've searched through the lighting section but I can't find it and my search function doesn't work on my phone if anyone can help I appreciate it
Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
J0hnMata is on a distinguished road

Name: John
J0hnMata's Tacoma Gallery
Idk, I think that's what he's talking about.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
J0hnMata is on a distinguished road

Name: John
J0hnMata's Tacoma Gallery
haha its late i think most of us are working with half our brains
Old 09-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
If this is what you are talking about JOhnMata found it for you see post #3.

If not what do you mean?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
This^ I found it after searching through diy section ... I thought it involved taking housing apart and spraying inner ring but not the reflector bowl but I was wrong my trucks a mgm so me doing a sleeve this way is just silly
Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I did this a few weeks ago, easy peasy. On lighter colored trucks this and the pinch-weld mod are the two easiest mods for the most bang for your buck.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I remember someone painting a portion of the fogs....they had to bake/cut them with a dremel right?
If you want to get the fogs apart, that is the only way as far as I'm aware. You can't bake the fogs to get them apart like the headlights.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I did this a few weeks ago, easy peasy. On lighter colored trucks this and the pinch-weld mod are the two easiest mods for the most bang for your buck.
First I've heard of the pinch weld mod. That's a great idea and looks awesome!

For those interested and too lazy to search...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...inch-weld.html
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
First I've heard of the pinch weld mod. That's a great idea and looks awesome!

For those interested and too lazy to search...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...inch-weld.html

Both mods are very simple, with way more time spent on prep than time spent on spraying. I used rubberized undercoating on the pinch weld, and Plasti-Dip for the sleeve. Both are subtle, but aesthetically pleasing.