Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

head light swap out

Old 09-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
head light swap out

so i was wondering if i cold change my headlights for the tacoma head lights. is this even possible? i have an 05 tundra limited.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Well you can't swap the Tacoma and Tundra lights but you can replace the Tacoma's headlights with something aftermarket... Not quite sure what you're asking, do you have an aftermarket replacement in mind that you're considering?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Well you can't swap the Tacoma and Tundra lights but you can replace the Tacoma's headlights with something aftermarket... Not quite sure what you're asking, do you have an aftermarket replacement in mind that you're considering?
i figured that i can't "swap" them out. just a figure of speech i was using. But i guess to sum up the point i just want to have the look of the tacoma lights. i fancy them. so i guess just getting aftermarket headlights would be what is necessary.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
i figured that i can't "swap" them out. just a figure of speech i was using. But i guess to sum up the point i just want to have the look of the tacoma lights. i fancy them. so i guess just getting aftermarket headlights would be what is necessary.
What is it that you like about the Tacoma headlights in particular?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
What is it that you like about the Tacoma headlights in particular?
the shape of the lights, the depth of the lights. they just look fresh. but I've been looking around and I'm thinking about going with the lights from www.sickhids.com. they are pretty sweet hids
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #7

what do you guys think of these guys http://www.sickhids.com/ ? yay or nay?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what do you guys think of these guys http://www.sickhids.com/ ? yay or nay?
Are you looking at something in particular from them? Seems like they do quite a bit of stuff, everything from custom fitting projectors to simple plug and play HID kits. Check out DDM tuning or Slimcubby who's a member here. Slimcubby does group buys fairly frequently on HID kits if that's what you're looking for.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Are you looking at something in particular from them? Seems like they do quite a bit of stuff, everything from custom fitting projectors to simple plug and play HID kits. Check out DDM tuning or Slimcubby who's a member here. Slimcubby does group buys fairly frequently on HID kits if that's what you're looking for.
I'm looking for the Projectors, hid, led setup. I want to change the set up of my headlights and get something fancy up in there.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm looking for the Projectors, hid, led setup. I want to change the set up of my headlights and get something fancy up in there.
Try theretrofitsource.com. Nice way to upgrade your stock headlights and get something fancy all up in there
Old 09-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Try theretrofitsource.com. Nice way to upgrade your stock headlights and get something fancy all up in there
this guy from that website i posted says that his are just plug and play, no ballast required, does this sound legit?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this guy from that website i posted says that his are just plug and play, no ballast required, does this sound legit?
I don't know what you're looking to buy from him but if it's just an HID kit then yes, a lot of them are plug and play. I've never heard of that website, a lot of people on here use either DDM tuning or Slimcubby. Just dropping an HID kit into an OEM projector housing isn't really an upgrade and actually ends up throwing light in different directions including into the eyes of oncoming traffic. On the road, HID's are meant to be used in projector style headlights like you see in BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, etc. Also, just throwing an HID kit into a stock housing won't change the look at all.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #13

Quote:
I don't know what you're looking to buy from him but if it's just an HID kit then yes, a lot of them are plug and play. I've never heard of that website, a lot of people on here use either DDM tuning or Slimcubby. Just dropping an HID kit into an OEM projector housing isn't really an upgrade and actually ends up throwing light in different directions including into the eyes of oncoming traffic. On the road, HID's are meant to be used in projector style headlights like you see in BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, etc. Also, just throwing an HID kit into a stock housing won't change the look at all.
i was looking for him to custom make the headlights. from what he says he will change the oem headlghts and put in the projectors/led/hid lights.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i was looking for him to custom make the headlights. from what he says he will change the oem headlghts and put in the projectors/led/hid lights.
Gotcha, that'd be pretty awesome! Some people on here have used lightwerkz. You might be able to contact them if you want some competition or a check price for those other guys (those guys might do top notch work, just haven't seen their name but that doesn't really mean a whole lot). What they're going to do is take a kit like the one you can buy from theretrofitsource and remake your headlights with those components. You could actually do it yourself, they've just made a business of it. The ones people have either done themself or had a company like lightwerkz make for them have looked incredible! Here's a good example...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...0-retro-3.html
Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Gotcha, that'd be pretty awesome! Some people on here have used lightwerkz. You might be able to contact them if you want some competition or a check price for those other guys (those guys might do top notch work, just haven't seen their name but that doesn't really mean a whole lot). What they're going to do is take a kit like the one you can buy from theretrofitsource and remake your headlights with those components. You could actually do it yourself, they've just made a business of it. The ones people have either done themself or had a company like lightwerkz make for them have looked incredible! Here's a good example...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...0-retro-3.html
ya i will be looking around for a while till i decide which place i want to go with for the best price, and best custom design.