Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Morimoto Angel Eye kit wiring help

Old 09-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
imrocksolid is on a distinguished road

imrocksolid's Tacoma Gallery
Morimoto Angel Eye kit wiring help

I plan on installing my angel eyes with the retrofit kit I got from TRS. I want to wire the halos so they turn on with the parking lights and the headlights. I was thinking of splicing the wires from the angel eye ballasts to the parking light wires. Will this work? If the angel eyes go out will my parking lights go out also? Any other suggestions are appreciated too!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Use T-taps and plug into the parking light wires (the outer light) - I think it has a Green and Black Wire - Green being positive and Black being ground.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Iceman1183 has a spectacular aura aboutIceman1183 has a spectacular aura aboutIceman1183 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Amit
Iceman1183's Tacoma Gallery
Read my mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrocksolid View Post
I plan on installing my angel eyes with the retrofit kit I got from TRS. I want to wire the halos so they turn on with the parking lights and the headlights. I was thinking of splicing the wires from the angel eye ballasts to the parking light wires. Will this work? If the angel eyes go out will my parking lights go out also? Any other suggestions are appreciated too!

I just got onto TW to make this exact thread....I'm in the process of putting on my angel eyes with my Mori Mini D2S retro and I'm wondering where to wire them. I'm going for parking lights as well imrocksolid, so when you complete it post up what you did.

My question is *where* to tap in to the parking lights...just behind the parking light harness itself, close to the bulb housing? or should i/we do it further back?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman1183 View Post
I just got onto TW to make this exact thread....I'm in the process of putting on my angel eyes with my Mori Mini D2S retro and I'm wondering where to wire them. I'm going for parking lights as well imrocksolid, so when you complete it post up what you did.

My question is *where* to tap in to the parking lights...just behind the parking light harness itself, close to the bulb housing? or should i/we do it further back?
It shouldn't matter. I just looked up T taps and they look like the way to go for sure.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Iceman1183 has a spectacular aura aboutIceman1183 has a spectacular aura aboutIceman1183 has a spectacular aura about
I'm probably going to use quick splices as i've already got them lying around the house, but they're basically the same thing as T-Taps....post up when you finish.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #6

Nice, I might pick those up instead. I don't have any kind of wire splicers, didn't even know they existed until yesterday.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
So just an update, didn't get a chance to take pics, but from each angel eye power source there was a black and red wire. I used quick splices to splice the red wire from the angel eye power source into the Green wire of the parking lights, and the black wire from the power source into the white wire (that has a black strip on it) of the parking light.

Works just fine, angel eyes come on with the parking lights and stay on with the headlights on. Just as I had hoped. rocksolid i hope yours turns out just as well.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:29 AM   #8

I hooked mine up the same way. I was working through some issues and didn't get a chance to post an update. If I get some nice weather soon I'll take some pics.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #9

Here are some pics of the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
Morimoto Angel Eye kit wiring help-img_20111004_171740.jpg   Morimoto Angel Eye kit wiring help-img_20111002_140207.jpg   Morimoto Angel Eye kit wiring help-img_20111004_171702.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
Pillsbry10 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Pillsbry10's Tacoma Gallery
how/where do the angel eyes install at??
Old 10-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillsbry10 View Post
how/where do the angel eyes install at??
I used this thread to install the angel eyes

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...CFL-Angel-Eyes

You'll probably need to cut the connector off the end of the CCFLs to run the wire through one of the holes in the reflector housing. I just twisted the wires back together and used electrical tape but you could solder it if you wanted to get fancy.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick dude - nice work!

Fink