LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

El Cheap-o EZ interior lighting enhancement

Old 09-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
El Cheap-o EZ interior lighting enhancement

The interior lighting in the Tacoma is truly underwhelming, especially in the glove box, console storage, finding something dropped on the floor, etc.

This 'enhancement' was virtually free. I took a freebie 9-led flashlight from Harbor Freight and wrapped it in a single layer of scrap 1/4" foam, then keep it in the overhead glasses pocket. It's always there when I need it, doesn't rattle, and will illuminate anywhere I point it. (I save the Maglite for longer-distance stuff)

Whit
Attached Thumbnails
El Cheap-o EZ interior lighting enhancement-tacomaflashlight1.jpg   El Cheap-o EZ interior lighting enhancement-tacomaflashlight2.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
You should look into getting the dome light and map light LEDs from csjumper. 25 bucks shipped. They are extremely bright. I love them.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitster View Post
The interior lighting in the Tacoma is truly underwhelming, especially in the glove box, console storage, finding something dropped on the floor, etc.

This 'enhancement' was virtually free. I took a freebie 9-led flashlight from Harbor Freight and wrapped it in a single layer of scrap 1/4" foam, then keep it in the overhead glasses pocket. It's always there when I need it, doesn't rattle, and will illuminate anywhere I point it. (I save the Maglite for longer-distance stuff)

Whit
I put my sunglasses up there though. Why not just keep a flashlight in the armrest? Not really a "mod"
Old 09-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
You should look into getting the dome light and map light LEDs from csjumper. 25 bucks shipped. They are extremely bright. I love them.
Quoting myself. Lol.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
X2 ^^
just got mine...got the reverse lights too...love it.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
wes mantooth ™
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombiosis View Post
X2 ^^
just got mine...got the reverse lights too...love it.
WELL worth it.

Need to order moar!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
LED Map and Dome lights really brighten things up
Old 11-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one of the small LED flashlights that's just plugs in to the cigarette lighter, always there, always charged.