Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Converting Hella 500 55w Vs. 35w hid

Old 09-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Converting Hella 500 55w Vs. 35w hid

What wattage of hid should I get for my hella 500's I have six to do and was going to get all 35w, but i only use them while wheeling and I want them to be as bright as possible!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
if you want the brightest then get 100W haha for offroad lights i would personally get the highest wattage possible
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well you answered your own question. 55 watts is brighter so /end thread.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well you answered your own question. 55 watts is brighter so /end thread.
exactly
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

These:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1438.l2649

or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55W-H...item19c7b335af
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Sconnie

lmao to tell you the truth I had no idea if it made a difference :P
Old 09-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I would go with DDM.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Sconnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I would go with DDM.
i would i just dont like the way that ddm looks quality wise..
Old 09-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
And the cheap ebay junk kits look better how? Lol.

I have had DDM on my quad for 3 years and I have never had issues except flickering that was cured by their accessory harness.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
i was iffy about the quality when they came in a box with Chinese writing all over it.. but i think theyre a great product.

these are 55wat 6000k bulbs in my hella 700s

Old 09-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 55W from DDM in 2 of my Hella 500s and they work well. All of the connectors are water tight and appear to be good quality.

Although I was disappointed that the 55W HID from DDM are shipped directly from China so they take about 2 weeks to arrive. Remember, with the Hella 500 you need the H3 bulb.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
I have the 55W from DDM in 2 of my Hella 500s and they work well. All of the connectors are water tight and appear to be good quality.

Although I was disappointed that the 55W HID from DDM are shipped directly from China so they take about 2 weeks to arrive. Remember, with the Hella 500 you need the H3 bulb.
does your bulb wiggle a little when its inside of the housing of the hella? all four of mine do but not very much. also, it only took me a week to get mine. the sunday everyone left pismo i saw them sitting in my room
Old 09-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
No, I bent the metal tabs in on the bulb housing to hold them solid, then coated it with silicone to seal it.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post
No, I bent the metal tabs in on the bulb housing to hold them solid, then coated it with silicone to seal it.

i did the same thing!! but they still wiggle even with the silicone