Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

headlight cracks?

Old 09-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
headlight cracks?

i was wondering how this happens? the cracks are on the inside of the light so i am a little confused i didnt think that plastic could dry rot but that is kind of what it looks like? i dunno if you can see them or not but both headlights look like this
Attached Thumbnails
headlight cracks?-headlight-craks.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
i was wondering how this happens? the cracks are on the inside of the light so i am a little confused i didnt think that plastic could dry rot but that is kind of what it looks like? i dunno if you can see them or not but both headlights look like this
Did you paint them? They look like they've had the BHLM done to them and the paint is cracking.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Did you paint them? They look like they've had the BHLM done to them and the paint is cracking.
X2
Old 09-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no they haven't been painted which is why i was wondering what could cause this? the same thing happened to my brother's charger headlights and his aren't painted either. i am gonna replace them soon anyways and do the blhm and retro's so it really isn't that big of a deal. i was just curious to see if there is something i could do to avoid it or does it just happen sometimes?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
if they havent been painted does that mean they are aftermarket BHLM? like Ebay ones?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
no they haven't been painted which is why i was wondering what could cause this? the same thing happened to my brother's charger headlights and his aren't painted either. i am gonna replace them soon anyways and do the blhm and retro's so it really isn't that big of a deal. i was just curious to see if there is something i could do to avoid it or does it just happen sometimes?
The headlight bezel looks black, did you buy the truck aftermarket or put Ebay headlights in there? The part that looks like it's cracking should be chromed plastic if it was bone stock.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Stop staring at me swan!

i just checked and i guess the previous owner did do the bhlm and failed epically lol i didn't realize the oem ones are chrome on the inside