Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

May have screwed up wiring

Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Kenny1959 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kenny
Kenny1959's Tacoma Gallery
May have screwed up wiring

Pulled green wire with red stripe from white plug going into fuse panel under dash to disable DRL. Based on what I read in other threads, this should have disabled the DRLs. THEY STILL WORK Now, I don't know what may be disabled. Anybody got any idea what I may have disconnected?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Stick a mirror in there and take a picture...It would most helpful in assisting ya...
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #3

Don't have my camera with me. Will take a photo tomorrow and post.

Thanks for taking time to reply.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #4

this is the connector with the green wire/red stripe that was pulled. DRL's still operate. The connector is to the far right, vertical, under the horizontal connector. This same wire appears to go through the harness to the black DRL relay next to the fuse block. Sorry for not being able to add an arrow.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, to start, the white connector referenced in the many other posts is behind the fuse block. If you lay on the floor mat, and look up you'll see the back of the fuse block. The white plug will have only 3 wires going to it. The middle wire on it is the one you need to remove/cut/etc.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #6

Got it resolved. Found the wire connector you described. I was not able to disconnect but could get to the black plug in the relay. Pulled the wire and got the results I was looking for. Put a sleeve on the wire and plugged everything back up. Also was able to repair the wire pulled by mistake on the other side of the fuse block.

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Lurker No More

No problem...