Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

My latest Mod

Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
My latest Mod

So I spent last weekend removing/replacing the LED's in my guage cluster, the background is blue, needles, cruse, parking brake, seat belt, door open are green. All hazard light I left stock, figured if there is a problem, it would stand out to let me know. This weekend, I changed the steering wheel controls and radio to all blue. I wouldn't recommend removing the LED's behind the display unless you are really skilled in soldering. It was a BITCH. I had to remove the cradle the screen sits in and unsolder the old LED's then solder the new ones in. I didn't want to bend the display, You can't easily remove this screen like your dash, it is soldered and would be really hard to de-solder. But finially completed it, Looks Awesome, so much better than stock.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks cool!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
looks very bright, but im sure thats just the pictures....it looks sick, matches your truck!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
good job

thats sick. Like how it matches your truck.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
ILLINOISTACOMAGUY is on a distinguished road

Navy: CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
Name: Darryl
ILLINOISTACOMAGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
You going to do your clock. There are three LEDs there and 3 or 4 there that are 5mm led bulbs
Old 10-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen ur radio. Again it looks good. I'm diggin the green needles in ur gauge.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I like the green needles too! good job
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
You going to do your clock. There are three LEDs there and 3 or 4 there that are 5mm led bulbs
Ya, I hope to change that out to blue as well, I wanted to get the major part of the LED's for the radio done and then I can take the radio out really easy to do the other lights. So you say there are 3 led's behind the clock and 3 or 4 more for the other items and are the the same as the gauge or radio LED's?

The cluster turned out really nice with the blue and green.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #11

Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
Sick, wanna do mine next? lol
For a price, sure I can do it.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
bolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to all

bolson's Tacoma Gallery
Those are my favorite colors so far on the LED swap. Also, nice username/profile picture, are you on the samba?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddbus View Post
Ya, I hope to change that out to blue as well, I wanted to get the major part of the LED's for the radio done and then I can take the radio out really easy to do the other lights. So you say there are 3 led's behind the clock and 3 or 4 more for the other items and are the the same as the gauge or radio LED's?

The 2010+ clocks have three PLC-2 LEds that backlight the clock.

The 05 to 09 clocks have a different clock itself that can not be changed to get a different color, but the orange film on the screen can be taken off and a blue film can be put in there to change the color.

The other stuff to the right of the clock can be changed out with 3mm and 5mm LEDs.

Nice work on the the mod.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

Yes three behind the clock theybare the same small LEDs, now there are three or four others in that same panel for the seatbelt and the one that flashes red when truck is off are 5mm lights.

The a/c controls have three or four also That are 5mm also and I think 1 three or four 4mm light.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/c...le,181,39,360:
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post

The 05 to 09 clocks have a different clock itself that can not be changed to get a different color, but the orange film on the screen can be taken off and a blue film can be put in there to change the color.

The other stuff to the right of the clock can be changed out with 3mm and 5mm LEDs.

My 09 had three small plc-2 LEDs
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My 09 had three small plc-2 LEDs
Maybe the later production 09 model have the LED backlight clocks?
There have been some people with 09 models that have the older style of clock. I guess you have to open it up and see what it has on the 09's.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
Iceman1183 has a spectacular aura aboutIceman1183 has a spectacular aura aboutIceman1183 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Amit
Iceman1183's Tacoma Gallery
That looks fantastic, nice job.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #18

Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
The Samba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolson View Post
Those are my favorite colors so far on the LED swap. Also, nice username/profile picture, are you on the samba?
Ya, I'm on there daily, I currently don't have a VW bus but I'm looking for a 21/23 window bus, hopefully find one in someone's barn or backyard that doesn't know what they have and hopefully get it cheap.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #19
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Damn the blue with green needles looks dope...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post

^^^this...05-08 u can only change the color by removing the orange film or paint behind the plastic n the clock itself is like a light blue/green color
09+ has 3 LEDs like the cluster...
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #20
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I spent last weekend removing/replacing the LED's in my guage cluster, the background is blue, needles, cruse, parking brake, seat belt, door open are green. All hazard light I left stock, figured if there is a problem, it would stand out to let me know. This weekend, I changed the steering wheel controls and radio to all blue. I wouldn't recommend removing the LED's behind the display unless you are really skilled in soldering. It was a BITCH. I had to remove the cradle the screen sits in and unsolder the old LED's then solder the new ones in. I didn't want to bend the display, You can't easily remove this screen like your dash, it is soldered and would be really hard to de-solder. But finially completed it, Looks Awesome, so much better than stock.

Very Nice!