LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light choices

View Poll Results: Which lights would YOU choose?
PIAA 163 37.47%
IPF 23 5.29%
Hella 158 36.32%
Other 100 22.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #21
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
My hellas are good i had fun with them in the desert and they sure helped when i needed them now time for hid's
Old 11-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #22
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
LightForce.
x2
Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I currently have four Hella 500FFs and I'm not happy with their light output. Just don't seem bright enough for four lights...
change the bulbs in the hellas to 100 watt bulbs.......alot brighter than 55watts that are in there now....and its cheaper than buying new lights.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #24
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

True good info will forgot about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
change the bulbs in the hellas to 100 watt bulbs.......alot brighter than 55watts that are in there now....and its cheaper than buying new lights.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #25
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
True good info will forgot about that
and i should also add....the wiring will hold up to that wattage too!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Ok, you just answered my quesiton...
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Can I replace the bulbs in my 500FF lamps with "high performance xenon" lights? I don't know the difference between xenon, hid, led, etc... when it comes to lighting.
you may be able to.....but the bulb bases may be different. only thing i can say is take one apart and see if they look the same. as far as wires holding the current and all....i think you'd be fine.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #31
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Find nothing. I took that one.
Maybe i was wrong about you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm curious how this conversation went..."Hey Baby, I got a sweet truck, wanna come try and dent my hood? Then you can stand in front and I'll blast you with my high beams ."
or "hey baby wanna stand in my beam" or "Hey wanna stand in front of a truck that don't run?"
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #32
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I had the girls push my truck back onto the trailer once I was done with dinner.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #33
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had the girls push my truck back onto the trailer once I was done with dinner.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #36
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
had to vote other because i'm torn.
I like Piaa's but I do not that that metal housing and light ring. Had to replace them a number of times (rust). Lights themselves are great.
Hella's are great also, started using them in the early 80's. But I don't like the way the bracket mounts to the light housing.
So for me it is what I can afford at the time.
Never thought about rust with the PIAAs...

I think what I'm gonna do is just replace the bulbs with 100w bulbs.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #37
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I will be doing the same! My buddy has his jeep outside and his piaa'/kc's are doing fine with the mounts wierd they rust.
Quote:
Never thought about rust with the PIAAs...

I think what I'm gonna do is just replace the bulbs with 100w bulbs.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #39
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha good call
Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #40
SmootDog will become famous soon enoughSmootDog will become famous soon enough

SmootDog's Tacoma Gallery
My Homemade Light Bar

Check out my homemade light bar. I had these Warn lights from another truck, so I thought I would try to mount them. I like a simple and clean look, so I made my own out of aluminum rectangular tubing and extrusion that I had laying around. The lights have a fog beam and spot beam, and they really light up the night. I have never had 4 on a truck at once so I am looking forward to trying them out tonight.