Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light choices

View Poll Results: Which lights would YOU choose?
PIAA 164 37.61%
IPF 23 5.28%
Hella 158 36.24%
Other 100 22.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #43
MASTER KNUCKLE BLEEDER
TRDATER will become famous soon enough

TRDATER's Tacoma Gallery
Give ipf a try ,very good quality and durable
Old 11-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #45
Cobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud of

Army: 82nd Airborne Division
Cobra69's Tacoma Gallery
You need the HID kit...(bulbs,balasts,mounting brackets) and a drill to make the hole to fit the bulb into the housing. I dont wanna hijack the thread shoot me a PM if you have any more questions.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #46
mgb2
mbarr is on a distinguished road
mbarr's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely PIAA, especially if you're worried about light output. Usually alittle more expensive than most others, but worth it.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #47
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
The Hellas are alright for the price, but The lenses cracked on both of mine.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #48
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
what about kc... And whats the candle power on ur lights.... Im thinkin about the daylighters, There 300,000 a piece
Old 11-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #49
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
KC has come out with some sick products recently. They have some 70 watt HIDs that were on A LOT of rigs at the Baja this year. Definitely pricey at $1000 per pair, but they offer discounts to racers.

I was really impressed with their other offerings as well. I've always seen their lights and light covers on the "driven down the tacky isle with the crap magnet on" type of trucks, but their stuff as of late is definitely worth consideration.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #50
seancanterbury will become famous soon enough

seancanterbury's Tacoma Gallery
saw a 1990ish windstar with the 7 inch lightforces mounted straight to the bumper. made me take a second look, then laugh.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #51
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of IPF 968s and a set of Lightforce 170 Strikers. While there is no doubt the Lightforce lights are superior, there is a lot to be said for the IPFs. They throw a nice, long beam, and with the hybrid reflector design, they create a short halo and work as fog lights at the same time. IMO, the reflector design in the IPF accomplishes this task better than the clip-on Lightforce combo filter. They come with a solid wiring harness, plus 55w and 100w bulbs for a little over $100. As much as I love the Lightforce lights, I would buy IPF again simply based on the cost-to-performance ratio.

Another thing to consider about the Lightforce lights is that they come with high-wattage bulbs. Even the smallest set they sell (140s) comes with a 75W bulb. So, if street use is an issue, you will have to consider purchasing lower-wattage bulbs...if you go that route. But, if you just want an off-road light that weighs next to nothing, is indestructable and throws a large amount of light, Lightforce is what you want to pay for.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #52
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I have a set of IPF 968s and a set of Lightforce 170 Strikers. While there is no doubt the Lightforce lights are superior, there is a lot to be said for the IPFs. They throw a nice, long beam, and with the hybrid reflector design, they create a short halo and work as fog lights at the same time. IMO, the reflector design in the IPF accomplishes this task better than the clip-on Lightforce combo filter. They come with a solid wiring harness, plus 55w and 100w bulbs. As much as I love the Lightforce lights, I would buy IPF again simply based on the cost-to-performance ratio.

Another thing to consider about the Lightforce lights is that they come with high-wattage bulbs. Even the smallest set they sell (140s) comes with a 75W bulb. So, if street use is an issue, you will have to consider purchasing lower-wattage bulbs...if you go that route. But, if you just want an off-road light that weighs next to nothing, is indestructable and throws a large amount of light, Lightforce is what you want to pay for.
Thanks for that! Don't think I've heard of LightForce lights...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #53
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I hear alot about light force lights and they seem to be getting a good rep from alot of people.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #54
Banned
Bill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to beholdBill Brasky is a splendid one to behold
Bill Brasky's Tacoma Gallery
Yup. Lightforce. Hit em with a ball bat, shoot em with a shotgun, freeze em, urinate on em... they are completely modular from the base to the housing to the reflector to the bulb so you aren't out $150 for 1 light if something does break (just replace a part), they weigh what a gnat eats, easy to mount, easy to aim, they stay aimed with stong-like-bull-mount.

They are worth the money if you want (my opinion of) the best.

Lightforce is made by the same company that makes Nightforce rifle scopes.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #55
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
VisionX is suppose to be pretty good lights too. they have some wild LED lights too.
http://www.visionxoffroad.com/
Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #56
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
I went with PIAA.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #58
bram will become famous soon enoughbram will become famous soon enough
Name: Bram
bram's Tacoma Gallery
i had the 170 strikers from lightforce on my workvan and they are awsome.
u can put several covers on them and the output was way beyond all the others
Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #59
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I am another vote for Lightforce. I have been running a set of little 140s and they are awesome. The changeable filters actually work great too.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #60
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
I would use visionx or light force

I esp like the lightforce because of the unbreakable front hehe