Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
jordando89 is on a distinguished road

Name: jordan
jordando89's Tacoma Gallery
sylvania silverstar

sylvania silverstar how are they?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
subbed

wondering the same. if they're not highly reviewed i might be trying HIDs in projector housings...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
i had some in my explorer, they are a little brighter than most,but I don't think there worth the money
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I had em in my dodge in both the headlights and fog lights and i wasn't all that impressed. i would save your money for the hids IMO
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeandkanoa View Post
i had some in my explorer, they are a little brighter than most,but I don't think there worth the money
me either..I put one in my bike, didnt do shit. I put a set in my dads 2002 tacoma, I think driving there dull as shit, but if your infront of him there bright as shit.

You will never find anything brighter then HID's. I had them in my 96 and loved them. Don't get a cheap kit, you will regret it.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
I have no experience with Silverstars, though I've heard they're somewhat over-rated.

I've run PIAA Intense White bulbs for years. I'm very happy with whiteness, brightness, and reliability. They're available for $42/pr from Amazon.

I've also heard good things about Philips X-treme Power bulbs, which are available for $29/pr from Amazon, and OSRAM Night-Breakers, available from Amazon for $40/pr.

(Note that I have no stock in Amazon. They were simply one of the best price options, from a highly-rated vendor, when I Google product-searched these options.)
Old 10-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #8
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Norton;3828177]I have no experience with Silverstars, though I've heard they're somewhat over-rated.

I've run PIAA Intense White bulbs for years. I'm very happy with whiteness, brightness, and reliability. They're available for $42/pr from Amazon.[QUOTE]

How is the life span on the Piaa intense white I've read mixed reviews some last them long some don't.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
When you can get HID kits for the same price as a set of ss ultras or PIAAs or Phillips or whatever magic halogens, then they are not worth it IMO. The 40.00 HIDs will kick any halogen's ass. Get an H10 kit for your fogs and not care about the low beams. Any of them are just decoration for not getting a ticket compared to the HIDs....IMO of course.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #10
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I have the silverstar ultras on my truck this is the second pair that I have had and I'm very happy with them.

I have also had the x vision, and they suck horribly!!!!

If and when these bulbs go out I'm gana try the piaa's
Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have the ss ultras in all my vehicles that have halogens and have had good luck and as halogens go, they are decent, no complaints...........but the HIDs for the same price in my fogs kicks their ass all over the place as far as useful lighting.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
I have no experience with Silverstars, though I've heard they're somewhat over-rated.

I've run PIAA Intense White bulbs for years. I'm very happy with whiteness, brightness, and reliability. They're available for $42/pr from Amazon.

I've also heard good things about Philips X-treme Power bulbs, which are available for $29/pr from Amazon, and OSRAM Night-Breakers, available from Amazon for $40/pr.

(Note that I have no stock in Amazon. They were simply one of the best price options, from a highly-rated vendor, when I Google product-searched these options.)
x2 on the PIAA bulbs and the Philips Xtreme bulbs. I did notice a difference with both bulbs over stock. I'm currently running the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs and am very happy with them. They have a nice blue hue in the reflector bowl but shine white. I actually think the light output from the Philips bulbs was slightly better although it's a close call.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #13
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordando89 View Post
sylvania silverstar how are they?
Noticeably brighter than stock but I had 2 pairs that didn't even last a year.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post

My last vehicle went through them every 3-5 months, and when one went, the other went out within a week. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone honestly.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #15
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post

Me too, 3 pairs in 1 year. Are the piia's any better? And are they legal to have in?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #16
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Me too, 3 pairs in 1 year. Are the piia's any better? And are they legal to have in?
They're legal, no issues at all with MA Po Po and I pass several every day in tiny towns that would hassle me if they felt they were illegal in any way.

If you're looking for an alternative to Silverstars, try Philips Xtreme or PIAA Xtreme White. I think the Philips are a little better with light output put the PIAA's look great! Here's the ones I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/15224-Style-Xt...7907884&sr=8-2

Because of the blue tip, they have a blue hue in the reflector bowl when the lights are off that looks pretty neat. The light is pure white though.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #17
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Pugga, do they come in the fog light number too?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Thanks Pugga, do they come in the fog light number too?
I couldn't find an H10 PIAA bulb (not even listed on their website). I used to have Nokya Arctic Yellow but one blew (someone hit me) and I can't find them in stock again. They were nice and bright and I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. Nokya makes an Arctic White fog bulb but I don't have any experience with them. I ended up going with Putco yellow bulbs from Autoanything for the fogs. They should be at my door tomorrow
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #20
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Besides the h10 what other number do they go by? Like 900?

Products Discussed in this Thread