Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

questions about complete putco led swap...

Old 10-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
questions about complete putco led swap...

looking to swap out the turn signals and i know i'm in for the hyper flash syndrome. besides the resistors is there any other solution to this to get them to blink at a normal speed?

i was thinking of switching the flasher module in the fuse box but, i'm completely unsure of what i would be switching it to lol.

i picked up 4 ceramic resistors from putco but i really hate taping into my trucks wiring for something like this when i could just replace a module.

i have both front and rear turn signals plus the ones in the arb bull bar. so thats 6 360 degree leds firing for my blinkers i'm not sure if that matters or not but i figured i would put that out there because that might mean more of a current is going to go to the lights due to the additional set in the arb bull bar.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have found this flasher model CF18-08 on super bright leds it say's it for newer toyotas i'm assuming this will work i have to pull mine out and check to see if everything matches up but, i believe this will do the trick.

where exactly is the flasher module located in our trucks? also if anyone has any experience with replacing their flasher with this model or something similar please offer your opinions and or pro's and con's
Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah an LED flasher relay will work
Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #6

i would think that there would be more guy's who did this mod to their trucks. leds have come along way from what was previously offered to us guy's wanting to switch over bulbs company's like putco and superbrite leds are pretty nice i went with all putco brand for all of my running brake and turn signal bulbs i have to say they are bright and nice looking.

it's going to look silly with the hyper flash though i def need to figure out what exact part i need.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
ModernPopeye is on a distinguished road

Navy:
ModernPopeye's Tacoma Gallery
Was this ever resolved?? I want to do the full LED install but also don't want to tap into the wiring.... or buy extra resistors!