Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Lights come on by themselves??????????

Old 10-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Ritchie Vegas is on a distinguished road
Ritchie Vegas's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lights come on by themselves??????????

this may sound stupid, but...on a number of occasions, my fog lights come on by themselves when truck is not running. I've had staff come up to me at work and say my lights are on but when i go out to check on it they are off. I just noticed it today for the first time. it was just sitting in my driveway and they came on....is it a ghost (lol) or am i crazy? or is it a security feature?
Please let me know if you have had a similar experience.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Vegas View Post
this may sound stupid, but...on a number of occasions, my fog lights come on by themselves when truck is not running. I've had staff come up to me at work and say my lights are on but when i go out to check on it they are off. I just noticed it today for the first time. it was just sitting in my driveway and they came on....is it a ghost (lol) or am i crazy? or is it a security feature?
Please let me know if you have had a similar experience.
Have you done the anytime fog light mod? Some folks report that theirs come on several hours after the truck is off if you wire it a certain way.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 10-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Ritchie Vegas is on a distinguished road
Ritchie Vegas's Tacoma Gallery
my taco is a US truck that was imported to Canada. In doing so, they had to convert the fogs to a Day Time Running Light as per Canadian Laws. Maybe that is it? i dunno.
thanks for the response
Old 10-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a wiring issue.

Welcome to TW
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The ECU will wake up after about 7 hours to do a EVAP system test so if they wired the fogs to a circuit that is live during the test then your lights will be on. The guys with the TRD supercharger hear the intercooler water pump running during the EVAP test.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^