Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

No tails, but have brake lights?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
No tails, but have brake lights?

Truck is a 2009 tacoma, 4 cylinder 4x4, yada yada.

So I was wiring up a light for my new license plate holder. Got it wired up, tested, and it worked. Attatched it to my bumper, and went to turn on the light to check my work. I heard a pop and my taillights are not coming on. The brake lights work, but no tails with the brake pedal. I couldn't find a single popped fuse. I couln't find anything touching the bumper.

Is there an inline fuse somewhere that I do not know about? What am I missing? What did I do, and how do I not do it again?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Tails light fuse is behind coin tray. It's in the top row 3rd from left to right. 10amp. Remove it and visually inspect it. There's a fuse remover in the engine bay fuse box lid.
Check for a pinched, frayed wire in the surrounding area. You can remove the bulb from the light you installed and replace the fuse then verify is tails work.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
Found the problem. The screws I was attatching the bracket with, were shorting out when they hit the bumper. Got some heavy duty epoxy on there right now. Thanks for the info.