Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog light install 2011 base model

Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
bluepacific is on a distinguished road
bluepacific's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light install 2011 base model

Has anyone installed fog lights on a 2011 base model with 4-cylinder which is not pre-wired for anything? I want to use OEM parts and don't want to void my warranty with the install.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
imrocksolid is on a distinguished road

imrocksolid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Has anyone installed fog lights on a 2011 base model with 4-cylinder which is not pre-wired for anything? I want to use OEM parts and don't want to void my warranty with the install.
I'm planning on using info found here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0-tacomas.html

and

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-anytime.html

Not sure if either of these will void the warranty though.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by imrocksolid View Post
I'm planning on using info found here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0-tacomas.html

and

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-anytime.html

Not sure if either of these will void the warranty though.
I see you listed a part number for the plug that attaches to the factory switch, do you have a part number for the plug that attaches to the fog lights?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
Bill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the rough

Bill in Ky's Tacoma Gallery
I used the above mentioned method on my non-prewired 08 and it works great. I found a plug that would fit the switch at a salvage yard. I run my fogs all the time, with no other lights on, use them for daytime running lights.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I did my own mod by wiring them into the running lights without a switch. I you haven't noticed yet your head lights & running lights will turn off after you turn off engine and open door. So I leave my running lights on always and use fogs & running lights as DLRs. I don't have a part # for the light plug but I do have a picture of what you need. I got the fogs from a member upgrading his bumper. And I got all parts to hook them up at Pep Boys for $20. My Auto OEM Fog Light Mod
Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Good info in this thread already but just figured I'd ad that adding fog lights will not void your warranty unless you do something really really really dumb like try to use the spark plug wire for power. Otherwise, adding lights, either OEM or aftermarket will not voild your warranty.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Thanks for all the info, I ordered and installed a fog light kit from Metro Toyota in Kalamazoo, Michigan, works and looks good.