Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Stuck in RICER interior LED mod...

Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Stuck in RICER interior LED mod...

RICE!!!

Anyhow... I am putting LEDs inside my cab in a couple places while I install audio and some shit.

Before the switches for the LEDs themselves, I want to put a switch that when I press it to one side makes my LEDs come on when the door opens, and if I press it to the other side, to make them turn on always. In the one that they are always turned on always, I will control them with a switch that comes after this switch...

I am planning on using a ON ON switch for this.

ON 1 would go to whatever wire makes them turn on when doors open

ON 2 would be to perhaps ignition

Then I would use the part that would usually be the source for the switch, to go to the LED. I am basically inverting the switch... if this is possible.

Anyhow, any ideas what wires I need to splice on to make this happen? The coming on with the doors thing... Thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm.

Ill be more specific. What wire do I need to splice in, so that lights turn on only when the doors open?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
First, you have 4 doors, which means there are 3 wires that activate the interior light: Driver door ground pin (Green with Yellow tracer), Passenger (Red with Black Tracer) and rear Left & Right passenger doors are parallel circuit.(Pink with Black tracer).
Second, you may choose to run a wire up to the cab light and connect it to the switch side of the light (One spot) making the added LED's do what ever the overhead/interior light does [ON with doors open and dimming OFF, ON or always OFF. This added wire would be your LED ground tap.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #4

Oh hi, boricua!

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know.

So this is what my wiring would look like. I would use an add a fuse for the ignition take. For the dome light ill use an inline fuse as well.

Does this look ok?

I am using ON - OFF - ON switches for the LEDs themselves, since I want to be able to use both a functional white when needed, or a nice red if I want to do a show or something. The LED's will be divided this way:

2 White and 2 Red on each side of the front foot-wells, this will be in one switch.

1 White and 1 Red in the bottom of the center console, looking back. Might also use 1 White and 1 Red for the front cupholders and have it on the same switch.
the rear seats where my subs will shortly be, this will be the last switch.
2 White and 2 Red for below

Basically I want full control of the LEDs.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The pic doesn't show...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post
The pic doesn't show...
Fixed. Seems something went wrong with the initial upload.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
Lurker No More

Hope it's self explanatory....if not, come by Boquerón with some Medallas...
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #8

Hmm. Think I get it.

The Medallas could be arranged nevertheless. Hahaha.

Thanks for the help man!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
Lurker No More

No problem...
If you want the LED's to behaive like the interior lights you'll need a constant ON not IGN HOT.
Source could be pins 2 or 7 (both white) on connector 1E (black) in interior fuse box/Driverside Junction Box.
If you only what the ON with Dimming OFF then t-tap pin 9 (blue) on connector 1E to the ON-OFF-ON switch.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...f/em01d0up.pdf

Page 9

Lots of ways to get the mod done...