Painting Pole-VOTE

View Poll Results: Shroud and Shield painting
Paint reflector shield black, leave Gatling Gun shroud 26 32.10%
Paint everything black. 35 43.21%
Don't paint, leave chrome. 20 24.69%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Painting Pole-VOTE

I know, it's my truck do whatever you want however I want to see what your opinions are. At first I wanted to leave the shroud and shield chrome, now I'm thinking paint the shield and leave the Gatling Gun shroud the way it is, or paint both? I dunno... vote you opinion. Thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
black
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
I like the all black look, but i went a different route too... Heres what i did.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
Dang, all black is winning 8-2

TRDGuy- I do love that look though.. looks like your shrouds don't have chrome in them at all, yet my do... different model or something?
well they werent straight chrome.... If i remember correctly it almost looked like a "roughed" up chrome.... or textured if you will.....

I like the all black, but I just feel that it makes a HUGE void on the front of the truck... maybe if the projector was 5" i would.... but with a smallish looking projector in the HUGE 2nd gen housing.... thats why i decided to go the route I did.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
i would bhlm and paint the shroud black. everything else stays
Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
well they werent straight chrome.... If i remember correctly it almost looked like a "roughed" up chrome.... or textured if you will.....

I like the all black, but I just feel that it makes a HUGE void on the front of the truck... maybe if the projector was 5" i would.... but with a smallish looking projector in the HUGE 2nd gen housing.... thats why i decided to go the route I did.
Exactly, a rough look. I feel the same in terms of the massive black void on the front. I'm still liking your route....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
i would bhlm and paint the shroud black. everything else stays
The lights already have BHLM... painting the shroud black is an option too.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #10

heres mine from a distance.... with the lights behind the grille I think it looks good with the chrome.... Good luck with your decision though lol. It took me months to figure out what i wanted.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
It's hard to choose. I went all black and like it but TRDguyKC's look sick. I have seen them with every thing painted black and the shroud left chrome and personally I didn't care for it. I was going to go that route with mine but once I saw it I didn't care for it.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery

Hope this helps. but like I said its a hard choice... Either way you will love the FX-R's
Old 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post

Hope this helps. but like I said its a hard choice... Either way you will love the FX-R's
Love the way yours look.... we have twin trucks.... I originally wanted to go all black... then decided to do it the way i have it.... yours look REALLY nice though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
^ looks sick.
Did you trim the GG shroud?
I did have to trim a bit to get a good fit.

One thing you may consider is..... do it like mine.... and down the road if you decide you want all black, you can always peel the lights back apart.... up to you, they both look pretty awesome IMO.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
i say black and take off the turn signal reflector and tint the side reflector a bit too, thats what i did. i just dont have retros so my bowl is chrome but it will look super good, i love yours 08prelab
Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #16
Don't Tread On Me

08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
Love the way yours look.... we have twin trucks.... I originally wanted to go all black... then decided to do it the way i have it.... yours look REALLY nice though....
Thanks... I will say that your truck did inspire me with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
i say black and take off the turn signal reflector and tint the side reflector a bit too, thats what i did. i just dont have retros so my bowl is chrome but it will look super good, i love yours 08prelab
Thanks man
Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
RN

EMS:
KC, thanks for the pics! Love the side-by-side for comparison, really helpful. I've actually been looking at yours and Adams for sometime now. Love both of them honestly, this will be a coin toss.

You guys partially inspired me to pull the trigger on this mod. I'll probably follow through with the lids as well.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #19

i used silicone and mine have been fine.