Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

what did i do wrong on fog light mod

Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
JJ5685 is on a distinguished road

JJ5685's Tacoma Gallery
what did i do wrong on fog light mod

I did piercedtiger fog light any time mod and some reason it don't work. I connected the green wire to another wire and put that wire to the relay. What happened. It don't work or the fogs wont come on at all
Attached Thumbnails
what did i do wrong on fog light mod-2011-10-13_19-40-57_836.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Does everything work if you put it back how it was? If so try again.
If not... Did you disconnect the battery before messing with electrical stuff? If not then shame on you and start by checking fuses.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Maybe you connected to the wrong side of the green wire? I can't really tell, I don't remember it....
Old 10-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #5

JJ5685's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Does everything work if you put it back how it was? If so try again.
If not... Did you disconnect the battery before messing with electrical stuff? If not then shame on you and start by checking fuses.
No I didn't disconnect the battery. How do I know if fuses are bad
Old 10-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
From what I can see you cut the green wife in half when all you had to do was splice into it with the wire....
Old 10-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
From what I can see you cut the green wife in half when all you had to do was splice into it with the wire....

Yeah I see that now... you need both sides of the green wire tied back together bud. You broke the circuit.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Yeah I see that now... you need both sides of the green wire tied back together bud. You broke the circuit.
Ah ha!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #10

JJ5685's Tacoma Gallery
Dam that's going to be hard to get that green wire back together cause I cut it so short. I bet that's it,thanks
Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ5685 View Post
Dam that's going to be hard to get that green wire back together cause I cut it so short. I bet that's it,thanks
Solder them all back together even the new wire u added and you'll be good
Old 10-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ5685 View Post
Rule #1 in Electrical... ALWAYS LEAVE YOURSELF MORE WIRE THAN NEEDED WHEN YOU CUT

Rule #2 is DON'T FORGET THE PUT THE HEAT SHRINK ON BEFORE YOU MAKE THE SPLICE
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #13

JJ5685's Tacoma Gallery
That made me feel stupid. Hehe. But since I had to solder that wire where I cut it short I soldered them all so now its done good and works thanks for your help
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Rule #1 in Electrical... ALWAYS LEAVE YOURSELF MORE WIRE THAN NEEDED WHEN YOU CUT

Rule #2 is DON'T FORGET THE PUT THE HEAT SHRINK ON BEFORE YOU MAKE THE SPLICE
Always have that o shit moment (Rule #2) Hahaha
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
Always have that o shit moment (Rule #2) Hahaha

Been there many times. Its even worse when you're about 40 pins through a 64 pin cannon plug and you realized you forgot to put the backshell on.... OHHH YEAH... <<<< THIS GUY
Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #16

JJ5685's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea, the reason I cut the wire at the plug so short was because I was trying to leave extra wire for the other side
Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Garrett
2012's Tacoma Gallery
I just tried this on my 2012 tacoma, it didn't work. not too worried about it, but can someone tell me what the wire i just cut goes to?