LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics

Old 10-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics

ok so i got my ddm's today (took a month) >came on the slow boat from china and i decided to just slap em in....its fairly easy except for the first part on making the lights work with the rubber weather guard so i figured id give a short write up on it...camera died during the install so the wiring you all will not see pics for but its easy as shit...hardest part is finding locations to mount relay and ballast in locations that don't get in the way or drill screws through your windshield fluid reservoir on the passenger side ha ha any way here it is

basically you want to remove your battery because the new hid bulbs are longer than stock bulbs and there isn't room to maneuver around down there with out removing it, than pull your radiator reservoir and just move it aside. and than on the passenger side remove your air-box or for my case just my filter.
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-009.jpg
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-008.jpg

next you want to locate the two dash marks on your light and remove the reflector housing so that you can install the rubber weather guard without cutting it..
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-011.jpg

now twist it and than pull it apart..be carefull not to touch the bulb, any finger prints or oil will cause the bulb to crack once its heated up.DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-012.jpg
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-013.jpg

now once its apart you want to slide the weather gasket over the bulb housing being careful not to touch the bulb, or you can insert the reflector shield into the gasket...than assemble the bulb just like you had it
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-014.jpg
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-015.jpg
do them one at a time so that you can refrence the other so that you do not install the shield upside down

once that is done you should have it looking like so..
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-016.jpg

now turn the weather guard inside out so that when its being installed into the housing the clips that hold the bulbs in place are not blocked by the rubber weather seal.
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-017.jpg

than insert and set the clip to secure the bulb
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-018.jpg

and than turn the weather guard back right-side out and seal the light into the housing and you should be good to go for the rest of your install
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-010.jpg

now this is where my camera neede to be charged lol
but no worries becasue its easy..like every onesays just lay the harness out on your table or garage floor and look at the connections. it only connects one way.

when you run the harnes from drivers side to the passanger side. first check the length of your harness becasue i had barely enough to reach and could not mount my ballast in my first location.

i ran my harness over my radiator and fallowed a stock wiring harness and just zip tied it to that.

once you have figured out your locations make sure your drivers side ballast and relay are not near your radiator overflow bottle vent line, in case you one day get coolant all over your electronics.

than just secure them how you like. i paid the extra 20$ for the mounting brackets and im am not happy with them for what i paid...i could have fabbed my own out of a soup can better. the metal is .35 cents at best and they do not even hold well. i needed to use velcro as well. if you have not purchased your lights yet i say do not get the mounts.

now once everything is mounted plug it all in...zip tie it up, reinstall your battery and fire her up and see if you did a good job

now i was worried at first becsause they did not look bright but after letting them warm up they were nice looking. i do wish i had gotten the 55w though oh well

wel there you go sorry about not having the wiring pics but like i said its easy as shit

and here is the end result. ther 6000k 35w
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-019.jpg
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-020.jpg
DDM tuning HID install 1st gen-with pics-hid-021.jpg
Old 10-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
Joe02TRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
Joe02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up and you'll be happy with the DDM kit. I've had them in multiple vehicles and my bike for years now with no issues. I just got the Tacoma and will be ordering a set for it soon!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
grovestreet is on a distinguished road
grovestreet's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I just placed my order with DDM. Hopefully shipping wouldn't take forever..