Notices

New lighting

Old 10-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
laemmons is on a distinguished road

laemmons's Tacoma Gallery
New lighting

My new truck!

HID headlights and superwhite fog lights

LED interior lights. They make a big difference!

These are scanner LEDs that turn on when my security system is armed.

The high beams are regular halogen bulbs but they really suck so next week I'm getting a black billet grille put in with the KC off road lights mounted behind them. I'm also getting it wired so that my HID lights will stay on when I turn the high beams on so it'll be even that much brighter. Then when I just need low beams, I'll flick the stock high/low beam switch to turn off the off road lights.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Very nice.
x2

Bright as hell...and its still daytime out lol!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #5

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner View Post
attracting a lot of attention to your truck.curious people do weird things.
What do u mean by that?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How are your high beams regular halogens, did you replace the head light housing with a dual bulb set-up??

If you used a plug and play HID kit for your stock headlights there's no way you have HID low beams and halogen high beams...
Old 10-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by laemmons View Post
What do u mean by that?
Those blue "scanner" lights, though they look cool, actually will draw quite a bit of attention... Someone walking by will automatically be attracted to a moving blue light. At the very least they'll look at it. As much as you think it is more of a deterrent and making sure people know that your security system is armed, I agree with above and say that they likely attract more attention than you want. Many criminals do not care at all whether or not your security system is active. If they want to break in, they will. Just trying to look out for you...

With that out of the way, welcome to TW from Montana!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #8

As far as the scanner lights for my security system, I had a similar setup on a 2002 Mustang GT that I use to have. Somebody broke into my car before the security system was put on, but never afterwards. But I get what you're saying about drawing attention. Just figured a thief would go for an easier target. Plus my key fob remote will beep if the alarm is triggered.

The HID setup on my truck is a two bulb setup. There is a halogen bulb built onto the HID bulb. I had never seen anything like that before. The installer said it was made for the purpose of passing inspection or something. But the built in halogen bulb is weak and so I don't use it. That's why I'm getting it wired so when I use the stock hi/low beam switch, my HIDs will stay on and just the KC off road lights will come on and off. My truck is actually at the installer right now getting the grill and off road lights put in. Will post pictures afterwards.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #10

Just got it finished. Still daylight so can't tell how well they work but here are a couple of pics. And got it wired so that the HIDs stay on with high beams. But I definitely like the look.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
wat brand HID's? and r they 6000k? they look hot as hell!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
tcoma12 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dru
tcoma12's Tacoma Gallery
How and where did you get the scanner led lights and how easy is it to install it looks bad ass.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #14

This is very similar to the bulb I used. But like I said the halogen part is weak.

They are Digital-Technologie 6000k HIDs. As far as the scanner LEDs go there are a bunch of different brands, colors, types etc. They are not expensive either. The alarm system already has an output for a little LED just like you see on any other alarm system. They ran a little extra wire and tied the scanners into it and viola!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't be surprised if the law has something to say about your blue scanner lights. Here, any blue/red lights, on ones' vehicle (that's not a emergency vehicle) moving or otherwise, is a huge no-no.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Don't be surprised if the law has something to say about your blue scanner lights. Here, any blue/red lights, on ones' vehicle (that's not a emergency vehicle) moving or otherwise, is a huge no-no.
A car can have them on as long as its not a full on strobe and as long as the vehicle isn't moving. They can't be turned on while the truck is moving because they turn off when the alarm is off.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #18
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A car can have them on as long as its not a full on strobe and as long as the vehicle isn't moving. They can't be turned on while the truck is moving because they turn off when the alarm is off.

I'm not sure how the law is written, I've just seen local 5-0 harrass some guys in a parking lot, and them not even in the vehicle. The other time was a motorcycle all decked out with LEDs. It does seem as the bikes were flashing IIRC.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy Shits, never even heard of these guys... for getting me a pic and making me a believer.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is very similar to the bulb I used. But like I said the halogen part is weak.

They are Digital-Technologie 6000k HIDs. As far as the scanner LEDs go there are a bunch of different brands, colors, types etc. They are not expensive either. The alarm system already has an output for a little LED just like you see on any other alarm system. They ran a little extra wire and tied the scanners into it and viola!
Whoa...

That's a crazy looking bulb!