Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Optical Illusion LED Lights

Old 10-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Chazlom is on a distinguished road
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
Optical Illusion LED Lights

I was inHouston today on Business (I'm from Anaheim, CA.), when this Lexus IS was coming up quick on a city street, looking through my rear view mirror the driving lights (inside lights) looked like they were floating. as the car moved or hit bumps in the road they looked to counter act or hover inside the light assembly. I even grabbed my rear view mirror thinking it was shaking. As it got closer I could see each light was made up of a cluster of LED's, but the effect or optical illusion they were putting off was trick. By far the coolest looking lights I have ever seen. Has anyone seen these,know what type of lights these are?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, no... its one of those times I wish I pulled my phone up for some pics. Really, this was something new, this wasn't something cheese, i was just about to follow the guy to ask him what these were. I sure these are the next big thing, this wasn't something cheap or lame, it was high tech and very cool. I wish I knew what these were.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
Logically, these may have been some LED's on some high tech ballist, output of light is faster then the cars movement??????
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
LSD. no,

We're drug tested, even at my level of management.
I'm sure these will be mainstream soon, very cool effect of lights that can't go un-noticed.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
led headlights right? i would assume laid out in some cool way.

if your in cali it might very well be a clearcorners.com custom job those guy's do some amazing work!!! the best at retrofitting in the world probably custom tail lights led boards and it's big money to get work done there and their turn around time is awful lol.

lexus is huh.. i'm going to look into this myself and see if i can find something lol i'm a light dork this shit gives me a chub lol
Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.blinglightsworld.com/prod...oducts_id=4207
Old 10-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but the "Blinglights" show the outside lights on the Lexus picture. The lights that the were "Floating" was on the inside (driving) not headlight, but on the same car.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
No not halo's
not crazy, I saw this as discribed. I have had HID's on my Taco, I have run all types of aftermarket lights, I'm famiular with halos. this is something new...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i think the OP is
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
this perhaps?

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SearchResul...h=LED_SKU45_R4

might take a second to load, my dad just put these in his IS250c

Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, OK.
Just to let you know.
I was the 1st to bring this up.

Sorry for the crazy posting, I just thought someone might know what these were. I guess not.
OUT.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
familiar...

lol i to am familiar with retrofitting in the last year i have had ls 460's fx-r i'm getting done tomorrow by customlightz.com lol and i have run two separate morimoto mini setups.

literally thousands of dollars of lighting on my truck as of right now lol. i have seen led headlights before in person i even checked out the lexus ls led headlights and they offer no optical illusion like you described.

not to say that your free basing air freshener but,,,,,, idk that for either lol
Old 10-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
OK, in Spares post,
The 2nd click, silver Lexus looks very simular to what I saw, but without the discription of hovering lights.????
Like the picture I can see the different LED's, from the distance it looked like something not even attached to the vehicle, but almost like the lights were attached to wires outside of the vehicle???
OK I know.... crazy, LOL but its what I saw..
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #18
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
maybe your dimming mirror was making it look like they were floating?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #20
Chazlom's Tacoma Gallery
It pointlees to go on at this time, I saw something thats not mainstream.
It will catch on, if I felt it cool enough to post on this site, I thought someone might know what it was.
Not crazy, not making it up, just really cool lights that will catch on. \
Sorry for wasting time.