1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM fog lamps on 2011 base model...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Navelfunk, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Oct 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    Navelfunk

Navelfunk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    Cap, incorrect rims & tires, stereo...
    I finally got my fog lights installed today. The whole thing including install was $257- That's much better than the $850 from the dealer, even though the truck is set up for them in the first place. I got the kit from K2 Motorsport, $107 with tax. I picked it up, but shipping is free. Install was $150 at Bill Dunn. Don't know how long it took them, though. Here's some pics of how it should have left the factory. Now it looks proper, for the mean time...

fl1.jpg
    fl4.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    fl6.jpg
    fl8.jpg

2. Oct 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    alexmxman185

alexmxman185 Keepin' it dirty in Texas

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Waco, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 toyota tacoma 2.7 4 cly 5 lug
    Black grille guard with mounted kc road lights, 31x9.5x15 AT on stock rims. My future mod list: new white front bumper, Fat Bobs 2.75 spacer lift with rear AAL, american racing Flat Black Rims, 32x11.5x15 BFG A/T, satoshi grille with road lights mounted behind it, 8000k HID for all lights, 1'' Body Lift, new window tint, blacked out headlights and taillights, custom hood scoop, weather tech floor liners, LED dash cluster replacement, Front bilstein shocks, 40 series flowmaster, paint all my badges black.
    awesome! I have been wanting to do this mod. That rocker switch looks a little to small for that hole though.

EDIT: Do you have the link to the site where you got the lights? thanks.

3. Oct 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    Navelfunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    Thanks. Yeah, the button is a bit small. The insert for that slot is all one piece, so I'm working out how to fill the gaps cleanly. I would've put the switch in the row by the lighter and AUX input, but my GPS stuff takes up that space and it seemed like a lot more work than needed. Plus, I didn't like the idea of it being away from the other light controls. Just my preference. Since your taco is an '08, it might fit because the kit is really for '06-'08's. But, I would hit up some '08 owners to see as well.

The link is...K2motor.com...

~Light 'er up~

4. Oct 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    alexmxman185

alexmxman185 Keepin' it dirty in Texas

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Waco, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 toyota tacoma 2.7 4 cly 5 lug
    Black grille guard with mounted kc road lights, 31x9.5x15 AT on stock rims. My future mod list: new white front bumper, Fat Bobs 2.75 spacer lift with rear AAL, american racing Flat Black Rims, 32x11.5x15 BFG A/T, satoshi grille with road lights mounted behind it, 8000k HID for all lights, 1'' Body Lift, new window tint, blacked out headlights and taillights, custom hood scoop, weather tech floor liners, LED dash cluster replacement, Front bilstein shocks, 40 series flowmaster, paint all my badges black.
    otrattw.com
    check these out. They fit perfectly in to the slots.

5. Oct 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    Navelfunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    I picked up a stock 2011 fog light button from the dealer. It cost $71, but it fits perfectly, no gaps. Only problem is I can't find a pigtail connector, anywhere. We'll see how the weekend goes...

6. Nov 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    Navelfunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    Took a little longer than expected, but got it correct this time...

IMG_0425.jpg

7. Nov 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    Navelfunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    No, it was actually quite a stupid bunch of useless interactions. Toyota of Huntington Beach[​IMG] wanted to sell me a $1K wiring harness, and offered me no help or info. Every auto-elec. guy told me to look in a junkyard, and my mechanic told me the same. I checked ebay, and miraculously the exact plastic piece I was looking for was on sale from (Courtesy) Manhattan Beach Toyota [​IMG](CA) for $7.49. Those guys were very helpful. And if I had needed the extra wires, they're $25-, not $1K
    It took about a week after buying the button to find the correct connector. With no help from no one, but the good old innernet... In total, my fog lights done like stock have cost $337-[​IMG] My dealer wanted $850...[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    Navelfunk

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    I've just written them off. I will drive the 40 mins. to get the quality and service I paid for. It's not worth my time, dealing with shady dealerships. I'll probably write to Toyota and tell them how much I don't trust the lot of them, though.

Products Discussed in

To Top