1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FEELER, CUSTOMLIGHTZ.COM retrofitted fog, headlights and off road lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stunt man hans, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    yet another lighting up grade service for our trucks but, this time the offer is extended by the best in the game bjorn from customlightz.com! while we where doing my retro the other day we started talking about offering something to tacoma world guy's exclusively meaning a complete retrofit group buy of sorts!

after talking with him for like 8 hours i can say this guy knows how to run a business he is just a really professional nice guy to deal with. i would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone. we began talking about retrofitting fog and off road style lights like hella or light force with his custom tweaked projectors for an effect that would be unrivaled from your standard hid conversion of these style of lights. he also offers plain hid conversions as well sans the projector. we also talked about offering discounts to the guy's of tacoma world if i can find 10 guy's who would take the plunge there would be a discounted rate for all.

we got on this idea when we where looking at the front of my truck and noticed everything is black except for the fog lights in the arb bull bar. i had mentioned i was considering retrofitting them with blazers he walked over to my truck and looked underneath and said man go with the mini H1 or the s2k that would be a quad set-up it would be crazy! for the rest of the conversation i was more interested in putting something together for tacoma world specifically i know a lot of you are wanting to or have done retrofits already so i thought it would be a good way to get a little better price on a top notch professional retrofit by the best in the game. lighting is big on off road style trucks and it's one of those things that most of us do right away so we are not driving into ditches if and when we leave the pavement.

also bjorn must have every projector made brand new in the box at his house:eek:he also had a bunch sitting on his bench that he tweaked for what could only be called extreme performance and the difference is huge it's unlike anything i have seen before!
    for like 2 hours while we where waiting for my lights to cure he showed me the difference between the way they come and most people use them and his customized version he plugged in each one to the same ballast and used the same bulb and the difference was staggering in terms of light out put, uniformity and color also mind you most of the projectors tested are supposed to be pre optimized but, when compared to his modded version they pale in comparison in every single catagory!

now i don't pretend to understand how he does it i just know that he does amazing shit with projectors a lot of us are familiar with to produce something truly amazing. we started talking about what he does to them and he was saying it was like an art form to properly extract the utmost out of a projector and i believe him because in the last year i have went through probably 3,500 dollars of hid lights trying to get it right on my truck :eek: i have used other so called professionals who shall remain nameless and his is just way nicer it is something it noticed right away. i also did work myself for the first few set i did and by now i know what looks proper and what doesn't lol.

i have had the mini d2s/ H1 and ls460 and none of them compare to the fx-r's bjorn just customized for me! for example the fx-r is a solid performer already but the width of the fx-r after he got it seem to be as wide of a beam as the ls460 which is crazy! wide last night on the way home i can honestly say i had day light 7 lanes across!!! the color is out of this world and the intensity is second to none.

if you are interested put down what your looking to do ie, modify existing fog lamps, a complete headlight retrofit, modifying off road style lights with projectors or just interested in a hid conversion of your off road lights or doing something really crazy lol the sky's the limit. also don't hesitate to call him he would be delighted to discuss your plans with you i posted a link so that you can check out his site and also check his vids on you tube.
    http://www.customlightz.com/?p=p_4&sName=contact

and for a taste of his work he has high res pics of my truck after the job was completed and i will be updating with pictures as well so you can see the amazing quality of his set-ups it truly is something special.

i'm looking for about 10 guy's to show serious interest in any service he provides to get the ball rolling here. so from 0 to 10 i'm 0 if your interested put down your name and position in line i will update the list as we go in the op. thanks hans
    0. stunt man hans :)
    1. outlaw7, fxr retro :)

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    So this is for a complete retro fitted light or the kit to retro fit your own lights? Just trying to clarify!

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    any thing you want basically. if your interested in the parts to do your own retrofit but would like him to mod the projectors for you or if you want a complete headlight set-up or if you just want to take a set of off road lights and convert them to hid or mod them with projectors even do a fog light retrofit really anything you man. this guy can do anything lol.

i didn't know him until the other day but, i knew he was one of the first guy's to start doing this kind of stuff back in 04 as an honest business. so after having the experiences
    i had previously and seeing the level that he operates on and what he is capable of i really wanted to let tw guy's know about him as retrofitting and light upgrades are popular mods to do.

we talked about doing some kind of group thing for tw yesterday and it seemed like a great idea to cover a whole bunch of areas for us regarding lighting upgrades and to have either the parts or the experience and expertise of bjorn behind it all is just full of win.

4. Oct 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    so if you have some ideas give him a call he is a super nice guy. let him know you saw this post on tw and what your interested in and he will build, mod and discuss what ever you want.

i just can't stress enough how he did my latest retrofit i mean it's a freaking masterpiece of lighting lol it just blows everything else away i have seen yet and i had some nice set-ups before this one.

5. Oct 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    theduck911

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Okay, well currently I have a set of halo lights with HIDs (crap that came on the truck) so I don't know how hard it would be to uninstall that and then install a set of retro-fits.

Do you have # to contact him @ so I could speak with him.

Thanks.

6. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    last night when we completed my retro we had went to a parking garage to begin to align the projectors and to take some photos of the taco. btw i thought i knew how to align headlights by now but, idk what he did differently the lights catch every sign every marker and they glow SUPER BRIGHT! this was like 2 minutes into it lol he's just really good at this shit no joke.

he even followed me from his house to get me on the right road and we stopped a couple of more times so he could fine tune them! that kind of attention to detail is what set's this guy apart from all others by the time we split i had a light system on the truck that is 99.9999999% way better than anything i had previously seen these completely smoke the LS 460 set up i had and i had a few different types of those one set had the zkw clear lens the other set had color mods supposedly done and the sti clear lens and they fall short of bjorn's fx-r set-up by far!

7. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    Hmmmmm........subd :D I want retros ASAP

8. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i posted a link to his web site in the op the link is for the contact page.

don't forget to tell him your a tw guy and hans reffered you so he knows whats going on.

btw it's not hard to remove the headlights from the truck or you could pick up a set of aftermarket housing for cheap i think depot and tyc brand are the highest quality housing for our trucks eagle eyes and the others take a hit in quality imo. check ebay i got a set of tyc's for 100 bucks! thats a great price.

if your interested i can send you a link for the website as well.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    theduck911

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Okay, well I'll get in contact with him, cause I'm really interested in getting some retro-fit headlights, as right now I have these junk headlights.

10. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    wow man nice.....cant wait to seee output shots!

11. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    I currently have FX retros in my 2011 and I absolutely love them. I also have converted the factory fogs to Blazer projectors, I also love these. However, I would certainly prefer some retro fogs that were bi-xenon. Don't get me wrong, the Blazers work fine but it would be nice if they had a movable shield that activated with the factory high-beam circuit. I have yet to see any sealed bi-xenon projectors that would work in this role...

My Blazer retro thread:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/171829-blazer-fogs-factory-fog-housing.html?

12. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    bjorn going to send me a bunch of the high res pics from last night the truck looks awesome lol

13. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    NOW NOW NOW!! :mad::mad: GRR I WANT TO SEE NOW!

jk:p

14. Oct 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    we are going to do that with my arb lights that are in the bumper so the truck will heve 4 bi-xenon projectors running a quad taco!!! from what i understand the arb lights in the bull bar are similar in size and shape to the factory fogs and bjorn said retro fitting them with bi-xenons or the s2k would not be hard due to the big gap of open area behind the bumper it self that gives him plenty of room to do his thing.

so give him a call and tell him what your interested in doing i'm sure he can figure something out.

15. Oct 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i don't want to clog the thread with a bunch of pictures but, here are some i took with my droid this morning it does them no justice as you will see when the high res ones get posted up lol.

the shot on the fence was taken at a super wawa so there was ambient light everywhere lot's of it and i was about 40 feet away. enjoy more to come

IMAG0553.jpg
    IMAG0554.jpg
    IMAG0555.jpg
    IMAG0560.jpg

16. Oct 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    do you have pictures of them? i was toying around with the idea of those spider lights projectors then having him do a quad fx r retro in them that would be insane.

17. Oct 17, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
  18. Oct 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    thanks bjorn took these with his camera lol my digital camera died so i only have a cell phone.

they came out great they are so bright it's retarded.

19. Oct 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    ill take the #1 spot. i have had my fx-r's sitting on the shelf for almost two years now. i already have the bowls cut for the housing, could i just send him the bowls and fx-r stuff to minimize the shipping box size? does he have a housing or another truck to test them to check if they are level? or can he just install them in the bowl and know they are good? I would also like to get my fogs done too to rid of the chrome reflector also.

20. Oct 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    subbed for future pricing and ideas.... :popcorn:

Products Discussed in