Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Installed HIDs, turns off

Old 10-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Installed HIDs, turns off

I installed 4 6" HID off road lights. I have them wired up to two switches. 2 pencil beams on one switch, 2 driving on the other. The driving lights are fine, however, the pencil beams will either flick on for a second and go off or they go on, stay on for 1-5~ mins and then go off. Does that sound like a grounding issue? That is the only thing I can think of, although my driving beams which are fine are grounded to the same place.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
morimoto or customlightz.com ballast is the only after market piece i would wire on my truck.

they are fully potted like a g shock watch meaning the entire inside is basically floated in premium silicon for water proof functionality and shock resistance. the warm up time on the 2nd gen morimoto ballast is extremely quick imo faster than the matsushida or denso oem ballast.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
x a bajillion on the ballast
Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
they are brand new. I got them from http://www.eagleeyelights.com and they are all internal ballasts so I can't really switch them around. I bought 2 relays for each switch, 2 circuit breakers (didn't use fuse boxes) and then the two switches. If it was a ballast and they are on the same circuit, would one bad ballast cause them both to go out?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a bad connection to me. Check all of your connections.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
does DDM send out replacement ballasts for free? mine are doing the same thing...
Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
does DDM send out replacement ballasts for free? mine are doing the same thing...
You may have to pay shipping.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
If it was a ballast and they are on the same circuit, would one bad ballast cause them both to go out?
checking again
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so since I've had my lights in the wrong order, I cut the wires, reordered and reconnected. Now the opposite lights...my driving lights..are going out.

Thing to note, is the ones that were going out previously aren't anymore. They are on a different relay and switch now. My guess is the relay is bad...does that sound accurate?