Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

A Retro Project for rhewins13

Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
these look AWESOME!!!! this is going on my to-do-list(amongst other things). thanks for the info man.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #22
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Did you have to trim the insides of the shrouds? I assume you have to trim more for an FX-R kit
With the Morimoto Mini projectors, I recommend the Apollo Shroud. Make sure you get the shroud rings (they go inside the shroud and make a nice snug fit on the project....you will still have to use some glue to keep them from falling out over time).

With the FX-R projectors, I recommend the ORBIT shroud and make sure you get the shroud rings.....again these are the best fitting shrouds for the FX-Rs.

You can use the Gatling Gun shrouds on either projector...but you will have to use some silicone on the four corners of the projector where the philps screws are located to keep it in place. Same goes for the FX-R however on the FX-R it will not cover the bottom right corner and the projector skeleton will still be visiable.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #23
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
That helps a lot - I can't stand that the skeleton will show on part of it but I just ordered the Orbit shrouds. Hopefully that'll hide more of it. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #24
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Halo Projectors - Done!

Well just wanted to post the finished product! The pictures do not do these headlights any justice they are absolutely beautiful. Of all the Retros Ive done these by far are the nicest looking set.

In this set of pics, I have the alignment, the Halos turned on and the Car Wash/High Pressure wash. On to the pics.

Note: The Halos look weird when there is flash on the camera. But they look like the up close pics that are the first posted.
Attached Thumbnails
A Retro Project for rhewins13-halo-close-up.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-halo-close-up-2.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-halos-1.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-halos-2.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-halo-rings-3.jpg  

A Retro Project for rhewins13-drivers-side-alignment.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-passenger-side-alignment.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-alignment-1.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-alignment-inside-truck.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-high-beam-inside-truck-1.jpg  

A Retro Project for rhewins13-car-wash-1.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-car-wash-2.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-car-wash-3.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-car-wash-4.jpg   A Retro Project for rhewins13-car-wash-5.jpg  

A Retro Project for rhewins13-car-wash-6.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #25
rhewins13 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 2 Brigade,82nd Abn Div, 1-73 CAV FST
Name: Richard
rhewins13's Tacoma Gallery
they look amazing John, cant wait to put them on.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #26
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
That helps a lot - I can't stand that the skeleton will show on part of it but I just ordered the Orbit shrouds. Hopefully that'll hide more of it. Thank you!
Orbit is a good way to cover it up... there's just something about the style of that shroud that I just don't like. The entire piece is chrome (don't matter if you paint it though), and the gatling gun shroud has dull portions. It's personal preference. It is true that you will still be able to see the screws on the FX-R w/ the GG shroud, but honestly its very minimal, and when sealed up with the lens you really have to stick your face on the light to see it.

OP, nice night shots!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i like the ccfl rings to go right around the lens holder just behind the shroud you get the same effect but, you don't actually see the ring all stuck to the front of the shroud.
I have a set of Gatling Guns that I put the Halo ring inside the shroud. I know what you mean about having the ring around the outside at first I didn't think I would like it so I never made me a personal set but after making this set. It has changed my mind. I really like the look.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #29
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
holy sexy!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #30
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. nice work. i am going to do the exact same kit with the same housings and everything. some people are saying these housings are no good for the retro, how do you feel they did. was it sturdy enough for everything? also can you help explain how to level/balance the lights before yo uput the lens' on?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #31
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
"I didn't do that. I basically drilled holes, eye balled that it should be aimed slightly down, put the light in the truck and adjusted the screws till I got it where it should be. I'll be sealing one headlight today [/QUOTE]"

What holes did you have to drill? and what screws did you adjust? Was it the adjustment screws that are on the housing?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
[/QUOTE]"

What holes did you have to drill? and what screws did you adjust? Was it the adjustment screws that are on the housing?[/QUOTE]

On my fxrs when I did the retro I had to drill holes on the reflector bowl to hold the projector and ya you use the stock adjustment screws to aim the projectors since theyre being held onto the reflector bowl
Old 12-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield19 View Post
sub'd. nice work. i am going to do the exact same kit with the same housings and everything. some people are saying these housings are no good for the retro, how do you feel they did. was it sturdy enough for everything? also can you help explain how to level/balance the lights before yo uput the lens' on?
Check your PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #34
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
I have a set of Gatling Guns that I put the Halo ring inside the shroud. I know what you mean about having the ring around the outside at first I didn't think I would like it so I never made me a personal set but after making this set. It has changed my mind. I really like the look.
i'm not talking about lightin up the vents of the shroud like a design. i was referring to the clean ring of light you have going on but actually hiding the ring instead of sticking it to the front of the shroud.

pictures 11 and 12 show what i'm trying to explain he buries the ring in just a little so its almost around the lens holder or retaining ring. and the very fron of the shroud hangs over it. this way when it lights up it kind of lights the lens as well it's a cool effect in person and looks a little cleaner when it's all powered off.

btw dude the paint work your doing looks awesome! no shit most folks think that is the easy part lol but, it's time consuming to have it come out so even and nice like that especially when doing it with paint that has some gloss in it the glossier the paint the harder it is to pull of what you did there so nice work.

http://customlightz.com/?p=p_253&sName=9th-civic-quad