1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hids melting foglight housing?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ak.rideon, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Oct 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    ak.rideon

ak.rideon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Seward AK
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 limited
    98 limited with air raid throttle body spacer, volt 4300k hids, vortec muffler, magnaflow spun cat, clear corner lights, led tail lights, alpine cda-117, alpine type r 10 in a sealed box and a alpine 500w mono amp.
    i just bought my father a digital brand 35w 3000k hid kit and was going to have the kit put in while his tundra was in the shop. but the dealer told me that the hids will melt the housing of the foglights. i say BS cuz the temp of the bulb is regulated by the ballast ( i believe). i was wondering if any of you have had a housing melt due to 35w hids. thanx

2. Oct 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    ak.rideon

ak.rideon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Seward AK
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 limited
    98 limited with air raid throttle body spacer, volt 4300k hids, vortec muffler, magnaflow spun cat, clear corner lights, led tail lights, alpine cda-117, alpine type r 10 in a sealed box and a alpine 500w mono amp.
    thats what i was saying too. i think they are saying that just to cover their ass. my mom keeps on saying i cant put them in because the dealer said so. but she doesnt know what she is talking about. ill put them in today and prob post a pic later. thanx man

Products Discussed in

To Top