Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

N-Fab Light Bar

Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
jrich44 is on a distinguished road
jrich44's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fab Light Bar

I purchased a N-Fab light bar off 4 Wheel Parts for a 95 - 97 Tacoma, part number T964LB. The one I received does not have mounting brackets like the one pictured on their site. Am I missing the brackets, is this the wrong bar, or if not, how am I supposed to install it?
Attached Thumbnails
N-Fab Light Bar-2011-10-23_08-46-45_551.jpg   N-Fab Light Bar-2011-10-23_08-47-37_53.jpg   N-Fab Light Bar-2011-10-23_08-47-17_647.jpg   N-Fab Light Bar-388.1459.200x150.light_bar_image.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the 1st gen part, but just give them a call. They are very helpful.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same one on my Blazer i bought it from a local off road shop, it was just lying around. Mine didnt come with any brackets. We just drilled a hole into my bumper and put the nut and washer through the other side. I was pretty sturdy IMO, I stood on it plenty of times.

Of course this information only applies if that is the same one as i had

Old 10-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
jrich44's Tacoma Gallery
OK, thanks for the info. I thought when I ordered it that it would mount to the tow hook brackets because that was what was pictured. I really don't want to drill holes in the bumper because that will cause it to rust. If I would have know that I may as well have just mounted the lights directly to the bumper and skipped the light bar. I'll see if I can return it, do you guys know of any other light bars for 1st gens that don't involve drilling through the bumper?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
jrich44's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone seen a light bar for 1st gens that doesn't involve drilling through the bumper?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered one and got it in today It was for a 01-04 and is identical to yours too! rather than trying to sent it back im gonna hit up a local fab shop and see if they can fab up some brackets to bolt to the frame and then to the lightbar. I saw that it had it had brackets on the website also
Old 10-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
jrich44's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, let me know how that turns out. I just think it's a little expensive for what it is, so I will probably return mine and make something from scratch since I haven't come across what I was looking for yet.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I found one that i like with no drilling.. and fellow TWer as well. I am gonna return my nfab bar and get me one of these. I only wish i found it earlier!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...light-bar.html
Old 10-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
That bites! I was going to order one of the NFab light bars too for my 04, but not if it mounts directly to the bumper like that! From all the pics of these being sold online, they make it look like it mounts somewhere behind the bumper, not directly into the bumper. I too don't want to drill directly into the front of my bumper. Who would want to? Might have to go your route Meatman.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 AM   #10
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
the bar cost me 140.00 with the powder coat and 4 tabs for lights and shipping, that is less than i paid for the N-Fab one. I also like to support small fab guys especially from TW. So i will have to wait like 2-3 weeks to get it but it will be one like i want.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
the bar cost me 140.00 with the powder coat and 4 tabs for lights and shipping, that is less than i paid for the N-Fab one. I also like to support small fab guys especially from TW. So i will have to wait like 2-3 weeks to get it but it will be one like i want.
Yea, thats a good deal. Glad you posted that. Think I'm doing the same thing.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Your welcome. In his last post he is without power(damn noreaster) so dont fret im sure he will get back to you when he can.