Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Side Headlight bulb replacement

Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
zacharydz is on a distinguished road
zacharydz's Tacoma Gallery
Side Headlight bulb replacement

Hello all,

I tried searching for the answer, but couldn't find anything.

The bulbs in my side headlight recently burnt out (a 2000 PreRunner). When I first attempted to replace the bulbs, I couldn't see any simple way to access the bulbs. It looks like I would need to take off the grill and the headlight before I could get access to the side headlight? Is there any easier way to do it (before I disassemble everything)? Thanks in advance.

-Zach

Old 11-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Hi and welcome. I had a 97, front was slightly different. If I remember, that bulb could be changed from under the hood. The fitting needs to be twisted and pulled out, then change the bulb and replace it. Mine was slightly different, so I hope this helps out.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Open your hood and there should be a screw on top. Take that screw out and then try to yank the whole light out. Be sure to pull the light fixture forward, it's usually pretty well stuck on there. The bulb is a 194 size bulb, just twist left and the bulb should come right out.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
zacharydz is on a distinguished road
zacharydz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Open your hood and there should be a screw on top. Take that screw out and then try to yank the whole light out. Be sure to pull the light fixture forward, it's usually pretty well stuck on there. The bulb is a 194 size bulb, just twist left and the bulb should come right out.
Ok, thanks for the input. I tried taking that screw off, but it still seemed like the bottom was still screwed into the main headlight; I was afraid that I would break something.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
mine went out also in my 2nd gen (the parking lights not the blinker)

Ive just been lazy and haven't been by autozone yet to get the replacement bulbs