Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Tell me WHAT I NEED?

Old 10-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
kidstock is on a distinguished road
kidstock's Tacoma Gallery
Tell me WHAT I NEED?

Ok looking at changing my 2003 tacoma head light over to the bright white look with some blue in them. What do I need? Info please how do I know how much blue and watts . From what I have read I will need a conversion kit of some kind. I do want high / low beam when I do this. Thanks Karl And if ya know a web sight that shows what I need that would be great to.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
PM slimcubby. I got my HID headlights from him. I got his HID 55w 6000k and I love them. They are white with a tint of blue to them
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/a...ket_82111_.jpg
Old 10-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like you need to do a whole lot more research before you can pull the trigger on a setup, your question is a bit vague.

Look up HIDs and aftermarket halogen bulbs, like PIAA or silverstars.

halogens are just bulb swaps, so you take the old lights out, put the new ones in and off you go.
With HID's, you need to connect the bulbs to ballasts, the ballasts to the battery (If you get a hi/lo setup) then the whole thing through one of the h4 connectors to the stock bulbs

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Yea that is what I am looking for. Thanks all for the help and I dont know what I am doing just starting to look.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Use slim cubby's 35W 8000k if you want alittle blue, dont get 55w for city driving.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
I sent him a pm in waiting .... Looking forward to this fun project . Any other info I am all ears.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Look into projectors so you don't blind people when you're driving, it doesn't sound like you have enough experience to aim halogen housings correctly
and get hi/lo 35w hids, the ones with the glare shields
Old 10-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Man this forum is a wealth of good info keep it coming. Tell me more on projectors. What are they how do they work?