Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Added some lights, some switches, and some more lights... Look at me now!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Added some lights, some switches, and some more lights... Look at me now!

Hooked up some lights to my bed rack this weekend... regular walmart type fog lights but i swapped in some LED bulbs. Each bulb has 5 x 1W LED's on them so they are nice and bright.

Also lined my bed rails with an LED strip all the way around. This turned out great and will be very helpful since I always have my tonneau cover down and it's impossible to see to the back of the bed if its even a little dark out.

And some toggle switches to make it all work.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, looking good I like the side lights on the rack. I like all of it but the side lights are a nice option for all kinds of reasons.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Dude, looking good I like the side lights on the rack. I like all of it but the side lights are a nice option for all kinds of reasons.
definitely... probably going to add another pair at some point... and maybe another pair for the rear depending on how bright i can make my reverse lights. can never have enough 360 illumination!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at your 02 makes me think of my 99. I miss it, it was the best truck/car I owned (and I had a lot). I like my 08 it's just to big. Just like the 4Runners Toyota made them way bigger.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bright in the bed there
what tonneau cover and side rails do you have on that im looking to get a new cover and get a rack to get my spare out of the bed
Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
link to the led's you used?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i mean the ones he put in the offroad lights, not the strips, sorry.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
link to the led's you used?

led's were from my brothers buddy's company www.brightenworks.com

still real small and he does it moreso to get the business running experience and an outlet for his design skills. if you are interested in something email him and he would more than likely work with you to design something. there isn't much on his website.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
what bed rails and rack is that?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
bed rails are regular Thule roof tracks, with yakima rail riders, and a customized surco safari basket
Old 04-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #13
THE CALICO is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sergeant
Name: Colton
THE CALICO's Tacoma Gallery
What wheels are those?
Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
robertran88 is on a distinguished road
Name: R Tran
robertran88's Tacoma Gallery
those look like trd fj wheels
Old 06-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #15
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Cool stuff. As far as the switches go the KISS idea applies. Nothing too fancy. How did you route the wires?