1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blinker/Running Light Switch

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by prerun21, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    prerun21

prerun21 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5
    K&N Cold Air Intake 3" Leveling Kit Baja front Bumper with KC 8" Lights Limo tint all around Flat Black Wheels
    I recently have put a prerunner bumper/light bar on my Tacoma getting rid of that ugly stock bumper. As we all know, you lose the turn signals in this process. Is there any easy way of rewiring the turn signals to the running lights without a mess of wire and fuses? Thanks.

2. Oct 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I did this on an 86 Toyota truck I owned. It's on the internet somewhere, can't find it now.

What you do is replace the existing running light bulb and socket with a dual element bulb and socket. (1187 part number) You have to enlarge the holes in the back of the light housing and seal them back up with silicone. It's a pain in the butt, but worked okay when I was done.

Like I said, it's on the internet somewhere. Try some other forums if you can't find it on here.

Don't really want to send you somewhere else, but I have yet to find it on TW.

Products Discussed in

To Top