Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED off road lights

Old 10-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
laemmons is on a distinguished road

laemmons's Tacoma Gallery
LED off road lights

So I was just looking around on the web and saw LED off road lights. Upon further investigation, these things look insane! Particularly the ones from rigid industries. They are still kinda pricey right now but they last a long time. 6 hours a day of use they will last 20+ years! Check out this video on youtube. I'm seriously considering getting rid of my KC's and getting something like this instead.

http://youtu.be/7OcOJk-PdWY
Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
too expensive for my taste but.. BADASS
Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
laemmons is on a distinguished road

laemmons's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i bought the vision-x solstice cubes picked my beam pattern and if one ever goes down or if i want to place them else where they are modular so it's not a big deal plus i have retros plus arb fogs plus hella 1,000's behind the grill and soon rock lights if i hit them all on at one it looks like an alien space ship coming down the road at you.
Yea I saw the vision x also. I'd be satisfied with either of the ligths. I think that's what I'm gonna save up for next. Stay tuned!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
LED lightbars are the shit.....................as u noted, they cost a lot.

But u get what u pay for....I never regret buying my lightforces for example. best $500 Ive ever spent on this truck.

Unlike a lot of ppl here, U wont hear me ask about HID retrofitting my lights....They dont need em.
have you seen HID lightforces?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh i know they do, idk about the genisis, i get the 240 blitz for 518 a pair HID and i love them lol
Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Vision X reflex here absolutely love it best money ever spent. Only bad thing is my beam pattern is too spot for me so I'm adding some kcs to flood out the sides and get better view in the dunes plus the white light doesn't give shadow so it's hard to see lips and things in the dunes at night. If I could find some color covers to change the tint it would be way more versatile, I suspect its only a matter of time before the make them
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #9
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
Vision X reflex here absolutely love it best money ever spent. Only bad thing is my beam pattern is too spot for me so I'm adding some kcs to flood out the sides and get better view in the dunes plus the white light doesn't give shadow so it's hard to see lips and things in the dunes at night. If I could find some color covers to change the tint it would be way more versatile, I suspect its only a matter of time before the make them
rigid does offer colored leds but, imo they are not nearly as bright as the white.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
thats the hid xgt thats 500 a piece, the prices recently dropped.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
light force is the shit as well just different approach. the reason i wanted leds where for low power consumption and small size while still having a ton of light out put. 100 watt halogens are going to put a major load on the alternator.

i have my leds hooked into my high beams so when i need light those plus my retrofit are absolutely blinding and they don't strain the electrical system in any way.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #12
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
if i had teh moneys id have a LED bar behind my lower grill opening..and one on a roof rack .

the lower one in amber. the upper in bright white
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #13
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i bought the vision-x solstice cubes picked my beam pattern and if one ever goes down or if i want to place them else where they are modular so it's not a big deal plus i have retros plus arb fogs plus hella 1,000's behind the grill and soon rock lights if i hit them all on at one it looks like an alien space ship coming down the road at you.

CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW US SOME PICTURES WITH THEM ALL ON??!?!!? lol That would be awesome.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #14
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Nah no spots! lol I just ordered 4 lights from one of the group buys here. It will be my first lights not stock on the truck. Im still trying to figure out where to mount them. Doesnt help the truck is in SOCAL and I am overseas...